Chapter Two Secrets

College drags by in a slow, sickening blur. By last period- English. I am dying to get back home and relax.
"Right, ok I have a good one! Truth or dare? Please please pick dare!"
Sarah, my closest friend since childhood looks excitedly over me, the desperation on her pretty round face is hard to ignore. So of course I give in, I'm soft like that.
"Okay okay whatever, I unwillingly pick dare. Last one though!"
The smile on her face is just powerful, she's so easily amused. However this scares me. The last time she grinned so hard during a game of truth of dare I ended up being grounded for a month!. Yes I am near enough eighteen and my mother still finds it acceptable to ground me. Lame I know.
"Oooh I dare you! To, ask Dylan Andrews out!"
She squeals, obviously proud. The smile on her face growing even bigger making small wrinkles below her eyes.
"What!" My shock and worry have somehow blown all common sense out the window. Forgetting I am in the middle of an English class. I can feel my face burning up to the color of beetroot. I hate the attention of my other class mates all staring towards my direction, sniggering at my embarrassing outburst.

Although l consider Sarah to be my closest friend- which in reality we are, I feel I am somewhat a stranger to her. You see I have a lot of secrets, even from Sarah. I'm not the open type my business is mine and no one else's. Sarah however is so distracted with everyone else's secrets and always bursting with gossip, She fails to notice the distance between us. I guess this is why I like her so much. Distance is good, it's safe.

Anyway don't get me wrong, I don't have anything against Dylan. I mean he seems nice enough not that I would know. It's just he's part of the male species. And that terrifies me.

"No way! You know I don't date. Men are off limits, especially in truth or dare!"
Harsh but necessary.
"You can't just back down! There are no rules. Come on you've never even tried to date, you may like it"
I can see she is not going to give up, her face is eager.

For girls like Sarah it is easily understood why having a boyfriend is the main priority. She is one of those pretty blonde girls. She wears the right clothes, says the right things and I don't know, just fits Into the dating world. Something I don't understand. Not anymore anyway.

"No thanks!"
My reply is adamant, I can not become involved in boys, even if it is for a stupid game.
Luckily before Sarah has time to reply, I am saved by the bell. Finally the day is over. I'm just a bus drive away to freedom. Well, almost.

...