The New Chloe

WARNING! There is the topic of anxiety and depression in this chapter so please don't read if you can't!
Marinette's PoV
Wow. It's been a month since Miraculer and there's a rumour that Chloe's limo as been seen heading to school! I really wanna talk to her and make up with her!
"I really hope I can make up with her Tikki!"
Tikki squeaks, "me too! Good luck Mari!"

I leave the toilets and hear someone say, "She's here!"
Our class run forward to the front of school. Someone steps out of the limo. It takes a while to process that it was Chloe.

 It takes a while to process that it was Chloe

She shyly smiles as everyone's jaws drop.
"H-hey guys..."
They wave awkwardly. At the same time, Juleka and Luka walk into school.
Luka whistles, "whooh, what do we have here? Chloe Bourgeois trying to imitate the lower peasants?"
"Luka!" I exclaim.
He raises his hand as he chuckles, "sorry!"
Chloe humphs, "d'you know what, forget this. Jean, take me home!"
She is about to get in the car but I exclaim, "don't!"
She pauses, her face hidden by her hair, which was loose and straightened.
"Chloe, it's been a month. We do miss you! Come on back-"
"Why would you miss me? I've done horrible things to you."
"Umm...because! People do bad things for their own reasons...I guess I understand you. I mean, I've done horrible stuff as well. Like that time that I sent you down to the nurse's office to get a nurse outfit when I was really trying to get rid of you..."
Luka pokes me, "you did that?"
I embarrassedly say, "yeah..."
Chloe sighs, "fine."
Grabbing her backpack, she says, "well come on! Let's go."
Everyone nods and she follows us to the classroom. Sitting in her seat, she sighs.
I hum, "hey, Sabrina! Can we switch seats?"
Sabrina, Alya and Chloe confusedly exclaim, "WHAT?!"
"Girl, I understand that you wanna make up with Chloe and stuff but sitting besides her in class-"
"It'll just be temporarily! I wanna help Chloe fit back in with class! But of course, only if you're ok with it Sabrina."
"Yeah, that's fine-"
"HELL NO."
Sabrina whispers, "Chloe, she's-"
"EVERYONE SIT."
The class plots themselves down in their seats and Chloe stands up at the front.
"I want to make things clear. The reason I've come back to school is because I've done a LOT of thinking. I have a ton of apologies to make and I don't know how I'm going to give them all out and I don't think I deserve any forgiveness at all. I don't want you all to get dragged into bad rumours and my negative behaviour just because you "forgive" me which you most likely don't. Anyways, my point is, don't forgive me, there's no point."
Suddenly, Miss Bustier pokes her head in, "everyone, this lesson is cancelled. I have important stuff to do!"
"Yes miss!"
"Nice to see you by the way Chloe!"
Then she leaves.
Chloe sighs and grabs her bag, walking off.
I'm about to follow her when Adrien places his arm in front of me.
"I wouldn't."
"What?"
"She needs space. It's been a month and the last time everyone saw her, they all had negatives thoughts about her," he says, "the only thing you can do now is try and convince everyone to forgive her before telling her. She doesn't believe us."
I sigh and Alya pats me on the back.
"I forgive her. If Marinette forgives her then I do. I mean, you have good instincts! Our everyday Ladybug!"
Haha, if only you knew.
Suddenly, someone runs into our class.
"There's someone singing in the music room recording studio! It's majestic!"
Everyone runs to the music room and I hear the voice sing.

"Wow she's so good..."
"She sounds so sad..."
"It sounds really familiar..."
Come on guys. That's clearly-
"Chloe?" Adrien breathlessly asks.
I smile. Everyone murmurs and Adrien and I decide to clear out the room until it's just us, Alya, Sabrina and Luka.

"Isn't it nice
to be all by yourself
Walls don't say words
My secrets they won't tell
These quiet motions
My favorite moments
Take my advice
Isn't it nice
Isn't it nice

All the plans are laid out
And I'm gonna stick around
But the days they will blur
Soon it's twenty years from now

Hold your breath, count to ten
You don't need to carry it all
Let it go, take it in
And do it all over again

Isn't it nice
To be all by yourself
Walls don't say words
My secrets they won't tell
These quiet motions
My favorite moments
Take my advice
Isn't it nice
Isn't it nice"

We hear sobbing and look at eachother worryingly. She clearly can't see us through the screen. Suddenly Luka says through the mic.
"That was beautiful..."
She jumps, screaming.
I whack him as Chloe storms out angrily.
"What the hell?
"We're sorry Chloe! Someone heard you and gathered loads of people. We were clearing them out but got too entranced by your voice!"
She takes a deep breath but then just runs out.
I follow her.
"Chloe!"
"I'm fine! I-it's just...I haven't been singing long. It's a coping strategy...I, never mind-"
"No, please! Talk!"
Sighing, she asks, "you know my mom?"
I groan, "ugh, who doesn't?"
"Yeah, well, she left for New York again. A whole year she said she'll be gone. Something about avoiding bankruptcy. Anyways, I asked her to take me but, and I quote, Chloe, you aren't coming with me because you're not fabulous enough yet. Anyways, after she said that, I went into a massive stage of anxiety and depression and now I'm battling these things with a coping strategy, singing."
I blink.
"...oh my gosh, Chloe, I'm, so sorry!"
"Why? It's not your fault. It's my mom's fault. And my dad's. He can't even stand up for himself and only cares about using me as a publicity thing. Both of them do."
I pat her back, "that's not true! Your dad loves you, I know he does!"
She sighs, "I'm gonna go. I've, got to go to my counselling session."
I nod and watch her leave to the pastoral suite.
Running back to class in tears, I exclaim, "WE HAVE TO HELP HER!"
I explain to everyone that she has been damaged by her mom, not bringing up that she said that she had anxiety and depression.
Nodding, they say, "how about we invite her to a party at Juleka's!"
"Why mine?"
"Cause! The boathouse is beautiful! It's relaxing!"
"Let's do it!"
Everyone cheers.