Realisation

Marinette's PoV
Luka sits me with him after the performance.
"What's up Luka?"
"I'm sorry."
"Why?" She asks, smiling.
"It's, it's all so sudden and I didn't expect to feel like this and I feel like I should wait but I've also seen that you're still interested in Adrien and-"
"Luka, is this-"
"Lemme finish, and I felt like maybe I should move on but, I think, I like Chloe."
He looks at me nervously and I laugh. I tilt my head.
"You doofus, I already knew from the minute you suggested to have Chloe sing. Maybe even before then. Also, I am NOT interested in Adrien again. I've decided to focus on myself..."
Luka takes a deep breath, "really?"
I nod and he hugs me, "ah, thank you! You're not mad?"
"No! No, not at all, I guess I knew this wouldn't have happened anyway and it isn't fair of me to lead you on."
He nods excitedly and then says, "ok, I'm going to go see Chloe, thank you so much for understanding!"
I nod as he leaves. I can tell that he's really happy. I guess her song is louder than mine, huh?
I sadly sit there alone. Tikki flies out.
"You ok Marinette?"
I smile, "yeah, I guess...it's hard to be rejected by the two guys that you've kinda had feelings for...but I should get used to it, it'll happen my whole life. The only reason anyone would like me is if they found out I'm Ladybug. Because Ladybug is all anyone cares about. Not Marinette Dupain Cheng."
I sigh and grab my bag, "come on, let's go..."
Nodding, Tikki flies into my bag.

Adrien's PoV
"Adrien, can you go get Marinette? We're taking a group photo!"
I smile at Juleka, "sure!"
I run round the corner and bump into Luka.
"Oh! Hey Luka, have you seen Marinette?"
Luka smiles, "yeah, she's around the corner!"
"Thanks!" I exclaim as he runs off.
I turn around the corner when I hear a voice.

"I guess...it's hard to be rejected by the two guys that you've kinda had feelings for..."

What...Marinette was rejected? Two guys? Oh, me and Luka? No way Luka rejected her?

"...but I should get used to it, it'll happen my whole life. The only reason anyone would like me is if they found out... Because Ladybug is all anyone cares about. Not Marinette Dupain Cheng."

...What does she mean? Is she jealous of Ladybug?

Sighing, she grabs her bag, "come on, let's go..."
Hmm, she's talking to herself?
I head towards her and wave, "hey Marinette! You ok?"
She giggles, "yeah why?"
I look at her and see the struggle of keeping it in, "ummm, well, we're taking group photos."
"Ok, umm, I'm not feeling well so you guys should take it without me..."
I sigh, "ok..."
Before I'm about to leave, I turn to her and hug her.
"Get well soon..."
Then I head back to the group.

"Where's Mari?" Alya asks as I return.
"Um, she isn't feeling well, so she's heading home."
Luka and I gain eye contact and Luka shudders at my glare.
"Is she that upset?" He asks me.
"It's not...just you. She was talking to herself and, I heard her say, ah I shouldn't."
"What," Alya asks, "what did she say?"
Chloe looks at me and exclaims, "guys, let's not. Come on, the photos!"
We nod and get in positions.

"The only reason anyone would like me is if they found out..."

This was difficult to hear. What did she say.
"OK EVERYONE! POSITIONS!" Miss Bustier exclaims.
"3..."
What did she say?
"2..."
What was she hiding?
"1!"

"The only reason anyone would like me is if they found out I'm Ladybug. Because Ladybug is all anyone cares about. Not Marinette Dupain Cheng."

I gasp as the camera snaps the shot and no one notices.
"Adrien, are you ok? Miss Bustier asks, "your face in this-"
"I'm fine! I'm, suddenly not feeling well! I'm gonna go home!"
Running out, I grab my bag and collapse once I get to my room.