Chapter 13.

Alex leaned against the outside of the tour bus, soaking up the sun. He clicked his knuckles and pushed the raybans delicately balancing on his nose back so they were sitting on the top of his head.

"Shit sucks" He mumbled as he stuck his hand in his short pocket and felt a slight coldness on the tips of his fingers.

"The fuck?"

He clasped the thing in his hand and pulled it out of his pocket. A bracelet. He studied the 3 metal beads on a thin baby blue ribbon, then flipped it over in his hand so he saw the little letters engraved on each bead.

J R G

He smiled, it was Jessys. The letters stood for Jessica Rae Gaskarth. He had brought the bracelet for her when she was around 11, but why was it in his pocket?

Suddenly Jessy appeared at his side.

"What'cha got there, pal?" She asked and Alex put the bracelet in her hand.

"It was in my pocket"

"Shit, I've been looking for that!"

Alex smiled and put his sunglasses back down over his eyes.

"Lex, you okay?" Jessy asked.

"Yeah, tired.."

Jessy didn't believe him one bit, but if he wasn't going to talk to her,.what could she do?

"Me and Jack are gonna find a grocery store or something today so we can restock on food, you coming?" She said quickly, trying to make conversation.

"You & Jack" Alex snarled.

"Me & Jack?" Jessy repeated.

"Do you really think getting back with him is a good idea?"

"He didn't hurt me on purpose, Alex"

"How do you know he won't do it again?"

"I trust him!"

"Stupid you" Alex mumbled under his breath, but Jessy just caught it.

"You're fucking unbelievable!" She growled, storming off. Alex mentally facepalmed, why was he such a twat.

"Nugget, wait!" He called, grabbing her wrist. Jessy winced and pulled away from him quickly. Alex froze and took in her apprence.

"Why are you wearing a long sleeve top?" He said slowly.

"Cold." Jessy answered shortly.

"It's like a billion degrees?"

"I've got a.. cold"

"You haven't" He said, eyebrows raised. "Come here"

"Why?"

"Jessica for fuck sake!" He cried. Jessy walked so she was standing in front of him.

"Look, I'm here. Hello, you okay?" She said sarcastically. Alex carefully took her left arm and rolled up her sleeve, Jessy didn't struggle or fight, there was no point. Alex gasped at the sight of the cuts; deep but about 3 days old, thank god.

"Why and when?" He asked quitely, tracing his fingers lightly over her poor arm.

"When I got out of hospital and all that stuff with Jack.. I don't know what I was thinking"

"These are fresher than that.."

"Are you angry with me, Lex?" Alex wrapped her into a hug.

"Not angry, never angry"

"I'm sorry"

Alex pulled out of the hug.

"Go and get me everything you used or could use"

Jessy nodded and ran onto the bus and to her bunk. She pulled her make up bag out from under her pillow and tipped the contents on her bed. She carefully picked out 5 thin blades, and held them in her hand for a minute for returning to Alex.

"You got them?" He asked. Jessy nodded and held out her hand. "Keep hold of them, there's a river down there, we're going for a walk" He said grabbing her free hand.

They stood at the edge of the lake together in silence still holding hands.

"You got them?" Alex said, repeating the same question he asked 10 minutes ago. Jessy nodded. "Throw them in, you don't need them." Jessy hesitated. "Please" Alex whispered.

Slowly she raised her arm and threw the blades into the lake. They watched together as the 5 shards of metal glinted in the sun and fell into the water making delicate little splashes.

"Such little things, so much damage" Jessy said.

"So proud of you right now"Alex grinned, leading her away from the river.

"Alex" Jessy began taking a deep breath. "I love Jack and I trust him, and I need you to trust him, to trust me. We're not little kids anymore, we can look after ourselves. Me & you, we look after eachother and nothing will ever change that, I swear on my life. But you need to let me do this, make my own mistakes. Do you see what I'm trying to say?"

"You want me to support your decisions rather than being a stubborn asshole?"

Jessy grinned, "Basically"

"Then I can do that for you, if you stop this for me.." He said, gently touching her arm.

"Yes" She nodded.

"Then we got ourselves a deal!" Alex laughed as they arrived back at the tourbus.

"Hey were have you guys been?!" Jack screamed, bounding down the steps.

"Just doing some sibling bonding" Jessy told him as she walked into his open arms. She didn't feel the nees to share what had just happened with Jack, it was her and Alexs secret.

"Hey guys!" Rians voice came from the door of the bus. "We're having a bonfire/ singsong thing tonight out here, you down?"

"Definitely!" Alex said like an an excited child.

"Count us in!" Jack spoke for both him and Jessy.

"Awesome!" Rian laughed as Zack appeared behind him.

"And that's what's up!!"

Jessy looked at the 4 boys around her, her boyfriend and her brothers. She smiled quickly evaluated her life. Her smile soon broke into a massive grin.. yup, it was perfect!

---------------------------------------------------------

And that is the end! Thank you for reading/commenting/voting! Means so much to me! I hope you enjoyed this and hopefully I' start another story soon!:-)xxx