Day 1 | blankets

Alice opened the door with a bright smile, expecting nothing less than her daughter back home from her week at the lodge-lodge. God knows she had missed her. However the answer on her doorstep was a ghost from her past that she'd rather forget.

"Forsythe" she gritted her teeth, rolling her eyes to emphasise the fact that she was far from fond of his presence.

"Alice Smith. Long time no see" he was equally as unhappy to see her, or so he told himself.

"It's Cooper" Her gaze remained cold, unamused, but the slight wince that twitched at her face didn't slip past him.

FP smirked watching her shift uncomfortably, ashamed that he'd gotten to her in so little time.

"Listen, I don't mean any trouble, my boy called an hour ago, said they were leaving the lodge, I was just wondering if he's here?" He attempted to look around her shoulder, feeling a little uncomfortable himself under her harsh stare.

"No, they haven't got back yet. If they had I wouldn't have looked as disappointed when I saw you on my doorstep" Alice folded her arms, clearly still unimpressed with his reason to be there.

She thought for a second about making a comment about his parenting skills, but dismissed the idea in that she really didn't have the energy to argue today. Though she would never let him know that. He would try even harder to rile her up.

"Well, I guess I'll see you around, Alice" he awkwardly stepped back off her porch, unsure about where they stood. It had been years since their last meeting, and with her obvious grudge he doubted they'd be able to slide into conversation.

"I hardly think so" she scoffed, not letting her Northside front slip this time.

FP had to bite his tongue to stop himself from biting back. He knew she was just trying to get under his skin. Everyone knew that about Alice. But with no one else around, no other north side preppies, just the two of them, he didn't understand why she kept her cold-hearted bitch persona up.

"Goodnight, FP. Now get the hell out of my neighbourhood" he smirked to himself as she raised her voice, clearly trying to prove her hatred of the southside to one of her neighbours passing by.

He had almost reached his motorcycle when his phone buzzed. Jughead. He picked up immediately, almost regretting it as he heard his son rambling.

"Woah, slow down boy." He looked back at Alice and gave her a thumbs up, just knowing she would nearly have a heart attack worrying about Betty.

"I'm just outside the Cooper house, why?"

"Yeah I'm not sure I want to" he lowered his voice, not wanting to give Alice the satisfaction of knowing she scared him.

"Fine." He hung up, frustration growing as he reluctantly walked back up to the red door.

Alice silently raised an eyebrow. "The news. Apparently there's breaking that affects all of us" he rolled his eyes. FP was never one to watch the news, hating how the Northsiders twisted information and fed off of secrets and lies.

•••

Alice had heard enough. She switched off the tv and resulted to pacing back and forward, biting her newly manicured nails while FP stood there in what she guessed to be shock. It was irritating. Frankly, she'd rather not have to deal with this for any longer that the past ten seconds, but the report gave her no choice.

"I can- uh- if I speed I'll get home in less than 10 minutes"

She weighed the option for a few seconds, before deciding against it. She couldn't have him get into an accident. Jughead didn't deserve to lose a father. She told herself that was the only reason.

"No, FP" she sighed, rubbing her temple. Out of all times, they had to go into lockdown now? When the one person she couldn't go 10 minutes without picking a fight with was stuck in her house...with her... alone?

"I'm sorry, Alice. I really am" he offered her a sincere smile and as much as the old her would've wanted to return it, Alice Cooper couldn't find it in her to.

"Out of anyone in the whole of riverdale, I HAD to be stuck with YOU?" Alice ranted, pacing back and forth with a hand on her forehead as FP just stood and smirked.

"I missed you too, Alice"

She sent daggers his way, her eyes glazing dangerously. She thought for a split second that she had scared him, but there he was, making himself comfortable in her house just to mock her even further.

"Since you seem to like the couch so much,"
She couldn't help but scrunch her nose at the way his dirty boots rested on the arm of her sofa.

"You can sleep there for the night. Blankets in the cupboard." She swiftly walked off, up to her own bedroom he supposed.

FP just chuckled, amused by her failed attempt to downgrade him. It was one hell of an upgrade from his pullout at the trailer.

But he found no need to make a witty comeback. After all, she had let him stay there instead of kicking him out into the street. Maybe it wouldn't hurt if he didn't provoke her any further and just called it a night instead.

He didn't know if her offer for blankets was a genuine one, or just mocking but from years at the trailer he had formed a resistance to cold, and it was late, so he simply shook off his boots and laid down further into the couch cushions.

Moments later, Alice walked back downstairs with a pile of blankets in her arms. She shook her head at him already sleeping, not surprised that he would try and brave the cold.

"Have it your way" she muttered and retreated back to her bedroom, where there wasn't a crack in the wall, unlike downstairs.