Prologue

Shea POV

"HAJIME! I WANT TO SIT IN THE FRONT WITH YOU!" I said, "Papa what's that?" Myu said, "Looks like an abandoned cart of some sort maybe a merchant left it." Hajime said, "Hajime perhaps we should investigate it. It might have some valuable information and materials." Yue said, "Yeah why not. If it benefits us than great and if not then so be it." Hajime said as he pulled over near the cart. We all got out to investigate the cart, suddenly Hajime drew his gun and aimed it at the cart, suddenly someone fell out of the back of the cart, "It's a kid." Hajime said, "They might be injured!" I said as I ran towards the child. When I reached the child I found a little boy who couldn't have been older than three, he had a bad fever and he looked very weak. "Here drink this." I said as I gave him some holy water, after drinking the holy water the boy coughed a bit before he opened his eyes, "Are you alright?" I asked, "M...Ma...ma." He said before he passed out again. "Looks like this was a slave merchant's cart." Hajime said as Myu clung to him, "It seems he was going to be sold as a slave." He said, "Poor thing. Maybe we should return him to his parents." I said, "No, that would be impossible seeing as they're dead. These people murdered an entire village and kidnapped all the children. He has no one left in this world." Yue said, "That's so sad. Hajime maybe we could take him with us." I said, "No." Hajime said, "Papa." Myu said, "Very well he can tag along for now." He said.

(y/n) POV

"Mama?" I said groggily, "Hi there (y/n), my name's Shea." A woman said, "I'm gonna look after you for a while." She said, "Mama?" I said, "No I'm not your mother." She said, "Mama." I said as I pointed at her, "Stop calling me that! I'm not your mother!" I said, "Shea just accept it you will give in eventually so just get it over with now." Another woman said, "BUT YUE!" Shea complained, "No buts, he's your responsibility now." Yue said, "And since he's a child he can sit upfront with us. Come here little one." She said as he picked me up and sat me down next to her and a girl with light blue hair who looked to be about four-years-old.