Chapter 18 Night two

Kyla POV:

I changed into a candy apple red dress that had a thin sash made of a red ribbon with silver stitching around my waist. I curled my hair and left it down to hang mid back before I fastened a simple golden bracelet around my right wrist, it was a simple chain with a heart on it. I applied some mascara and red lipstick before walking out of the bathroom to meet Neji. 

He was dressed in a dark blue suit with a grey waist coat on, he wore his hair in a simple low pony tail like usual and had a silky red tie around his neck with a silver watch on his left hand

"You look stunning, like a princess" Neji stated softly as he moved closer to me and tucked a strand of hair behind my ear. "Well, I am the Uchiha princess" I teased with a light wink before becoming serious and looking him up and down "You look handsome" I blurted out without really thinking and he shook his head at me with a light smile before offering me his hand which I gracefully took with a small bow before we headed out to the party. My ninja pouch, like yesterday, was under my dress on my right thigh.

We got to the party and engaged in conversation with several people, laughing and joking as the night went on, like yesterday, all was calm and no suspicious signs. The man I danced with yesterday came over to me. "May we dance again beautiful?" he asked making me blush lightly and nod before we made our way to the dance floor where he rested his hands on my side and lower waist while mine were around his shoulders.

He moved his left foot backward in a smooth motion, sliding across the slick floor. I slid my right foot forward, chasing his retreating foot with my own like I was a fox on a hunt. Dipping forward and looking into my eyes, his fingers tightened on my ribs as his left foot came forward again, with my foot quickly chasing it back. We stopped, for a moment, toe to toe, and he pulled my hips in close to his.

For a moment it was as though he was threatening to brush his lips against mine, he looked to the left, and then to the right and I mimicked him, turning my head to the opposite. To the right, then to the left.

He pushed me away as though I am too terrible, yet to wonderful, to be near, yet he held on to her left hand with his right, catching me as our arms pulled taut and spinning me out and away. Then he reeled me back in, as though he was unable to give up on.

I fell into him, his strong arms wrapping around me tightly, protecting me before casting me out again, this continued for a while longer before the song came to an end and I joined Neji again. 

We sat at a table people watching when this suspicious looking lady entered the bathroom, sighing Neji and I got up to go investigate. We just reached the door when I put my arm out in front of him. "You're male, you can't waltz into the female's bathroom" I stated as though it was the simplest thing in the world. As I said it his eyes widened in realisation, I was right.

I entered the bathroom alone following the lady in the green ballgown to find her shoving bars of soap and the glass flowers in her bag, not quite what I expected, but it's wrong none the less. The moment she made eye contact with me she hid her bag behind her back and smiled innocently at me. I sighed looking at her "look, you haven't committed a crime if you put it all back, however, if you take it I will have to arrest you under official order of the leaf" I said calmly as I dangled my hidden leaf headband towards her, she look at me before smirking and in return showing me a mist headband, "I'm not here on a mission, but I am a jonin, these rich folks wont even notice the absence of a few things, I won't let you stop me" She said brushing her hair out of her face.

"I'm an Uchiha, are you sure you wish to take this stance?" I asked activating my mangekyo sharingan, I heard the lady gulp, but she nodded none the less, I didn't want to ruin the bathroom, so I was going to end this before she can touch me, the moment her eyes travelled to mine to garuntee my words were true, she was under my control. I used Kamui and trapped her in my time space so I wont look weird taking a lady out the bathroom unconscious, I then unloaded what she had looted before sending her bag into the dimension with her.