Chapter 3

Finn glances around nervously as if paranoid someone is about to leap out in front of them and put a bullet to their heads. Leland notices this and frowns, putting a reassuring hand on Finn's shoulder. "Hey, what's wrong? It's like you're... Scared about something." Leland says in a gentle tone. Finn just sighs, shaking his head. "Maybe It's because I'm so used to being on alert when in unknown places due to my job in the Lemon gang. Sure I was given directions on where we are now from Knock out, but... I'm just concerned..." He looks down at the ground, pausing his sentence for a moment. Leland tilts his head in confusion and raises an eyebrow. "Concerned about what?" Finn now stares at Leland with a more serious look but Leland can sense the distress rolling off him in waves. "What if I was wrong? What if the gangs do decide to investigate our disappearances? What if they end up coming after us? What if they end up killing us? What if-..." Finn is cut off by Leland pulling his shirt collar so the two are nearly touching each other's noses. "Look- Even if you are wrong about what might happen, there's still hope. The gangs can't afford to send out any large groups or anyone over the elite ranks to come and get us. It would be as easy as ever to get rid of any rank lower than that. Besides-" Leland pulls Finn into a kiss. Finn's eyes widen and he freezes at first wanting to run away in surprise, but he ends up giving in. The two pull away, Leland grinning and Finn a red, blushing mess. "I love you. Nothing is ever going to change that. If something bad does happen, then we'll be together with that." Leland finishes his last sentence, winking at Finn. Finn laughs a little and smiles. "Finn, Leland! We're here!" Knock out grins and fixes his hairdo as he walks with Starscream towards the meeting place. Starscream spots Finn's blush and smirks. "Someone's been enjoying themselves, haven't they?" He chuckles as Finn quickly looks away to hide his face in embarrassment. "H-Hey! I'm here too!" N quickly comes rushing into the old and abandoned building where they were to meet. Knock out greets N with a big smile before leaning against one of the walls. "So... We're commencing this destroy-the-gangse operation today?"

I had seen the whole thing in shock. In such shock, I was unable to move at the time. A million thoughts whirl around in my mind as I spy on the group of traitors laugh, mess about and show affection and care towards one another. These... These people- They aren't traitors, are they? They aren't trying to destroy the gangs because they want to. They're trying to destroy the gangs because they want peace and harmony like there once was! But then, all of a sudden with no warning given... "YOU TRAITORS!!!" I hear Breakdown's rage-filled voice ring throughout the area as he comes into view, charging at two of the members of the group in particular. I see a look of shock cover their faces, a tidy looking red-haired and suited man seems the most terrified. I eye Breakdown carefully, watching how fast he's running and what his movements are. Breakdown doesn't seem to spot me nearby at all as he punches the most scared-looking one of the bunch right in the stomach. I narrow my eyes, continuing to scout the situation. The injured man stumbles backwards, grabbing where he was hit. I glance around at the others, but they don't seem to be moving at all. I see a silver-haired man with a look of complete utter terror and heartbreak on his face as he stares at the hurt man. He steps forward, ready to attack Breakdown. But Breakdown lashes out at the red-haired man again. "NO! PLEASE, STOP HURTING HIM!!!" The silver-haired man shouts in stress, his red eyes widening in horror. Then it hits me as hard as a bullet...

"NO! PLEASE, DON'T HURT THEM!" I screamed, struggling against the tight grip of the brown rope tied around my hands.

I growl slightly at the flashback. Those words that man spoke remind me of when I was about to lose the two most precious people to me. The two people who I cared and loved for as they were my family. Sure I didn't know how these two were related to each other, but one thing was for certain... I can't let Breakdown kill him. I don't want that other man feeling the same pain and trauma I did when I lost the only ones closest to me... Without hesitation and pulling my long daggers out of there slings, I launch myself at full speed towards Breakdown. He's strong, but not quick like me. He turns to me in confusion about what I'm doing before I spin behind him and in a swift and simple movement, I stab him in the back. "ARGH!!!" He shouts, grabbing where he was stabbed. I push him over onto the ground and slit his throat deeply and without mercy. Thick crimson red blood spills onto the concrete, glistening in the light. He chokes and writhes on the ground, trying to hang on for his dear life. The flow of blood doesn't seem to stop either. It takes a small moment, but his struggling slowly comes to an end, as does his breathing and ever so slowly the bleeding. I notice I've been holding my breath nearly the entire time and exhale, panting for air. I slowly put my daggers away and stare at Breakdown's corpse with a frown. I didn't want to do that... I'm so sorry... But sometimes, things like this must happen and this was just one of those times...