chapter: 1

“Alpha, they are ready for you.” Damon stated bringing me out of my thoughts.

 I breathed in then let a heavy breath out, as I opened my eyes. I left the veranda and sauntered back into my room. I opened my door, then nodded my head to Damon. We walked in silence as we made our way to the meeting. I honestly didn't want to go to this meeting. As we arrived at the board meeting members growled in our direction.

“You’re late Aricia.”

“I’m here now. Shouldn’t that be all that matters. Let’s begin.”

As I finished talking I stared off into the window across from me. I hated these meetings they were boring for one and the other useless. I’m not the most talkative person here, so I would just agree if I thought it was right. No one ever asked why because they were scared of the punishment that would come from the number one Alpha.

The meeting was finally over. I got up from my seat after every Alpha left. I didn’t want to meet any of them. Hence being a non talkative person. I walked along the green meadow in the back house, my beta trailing behind me. I need to let my wolf out I haven’t shifted in a few months which is bad. I’ve been working on my sword skills more than hanging with my wolf, Ulrica.

“You can leave you now.”

“It’s fine Aricia. I need to stand guard incase.”

“No one is going to attack us Damon. If they did, they wouldn’t stand a chance, even if I didn’t shift.”

“Fine Alpha, I’ll be near that tree over by the river.”

“Okay, suit yourself.”

I shifted into my wolf without taking off my clothes, something that I learned to do when I was younger. Maybe it was because of the close bond I had with her. We walked along the sides of the woods then when we made sure that Damon was far away we headed straight inside. Ulrica bolted past the hanging tree limbs and shrubs. We went around the forest, smelling the grass below us. We stopped and laid down next to the trees. I closed my eye, but perked my ears up to listen while we lay there. My thoughts began to drift off.

It’s been 3 years since my parents died. I became Alpha at seventeen and it wasn’t easy either. While many opposed of a girl being Alpha thousands of Rosewood pack members supported it. I’m am very thankful for that. We caught the wolves who had killed my parents apparently they were hired by some other Alpha that was now claimed to be dead. My parents died in a house full of explosives. The wolves that killed my parents had put explosives everywhere in the pack house. Luckily there weren’t many wolves inside, but if I were to choose I’d pick anyone over my parents to be there. It sounds horrible, but deep in my heart, I didn’t want my parents to die or anyone else for that matter. I’ve basically lived alone in fear my whole life, but as an Alpha I can’t show it as my mentors had taught me. The only thing I have that makes me think of my parents is this sword, they gave me on my fifteenth birthday. The sword looked like a katana only certain parts were not the same. The design itself was unique.

Ulrica's growling brought me back to reality. Before I looked up, I sensed five male wolves walking closer to corner me. I shifted back to my human form before they came any closer and withdrew my sword. I forgot to tell you this sword isn’t just any sword. It works only with the drop of my blood.

**************

I know this is short, but I wanted to give you some info about her past. There is still a lot that went on with her past, you will find that later throughout the story. 

BTW how do you guys feel about her sword. Isn't it kind of interesting?