𝟬̷𝟬̷𝟭. ㅤaboard the hogwarts express

━ ❦ ━chapter 1

━ ❦ ━
chapter 1. aboard the hogwarts express
word count: 3327

THE Hogwarts Express, a gleaming scarlet steam engine, pulled into Platforms Nine and Three-Quarters. It released puffs of steam into the air, creating an energetic and bustling atmosphere. The sound of heavy trunks and trolleys being dragged around filled the air, and some students were already settled in their seats on the train, chatting with their families and guardians. Meanwhile, others were busy checking their belongings and supplies outside the train.

The day was darker than usual, a heavy gloom filled the sky as drops of rain started to splatter. It was the beginning of another school year, though not a good one for the first years due to the weather.

A group of fourth years made their way to drop their trunks out, two of which are notably striking out than most. They arrived promptly to secure a compartment. It could be inferred that the individual who was leading the group had a boisterous tone that stood out among the group, holding the conversation.

"Can you believe that if it wasn't for Blake and me, those dimwits would be dead!"

"Oh, Draco, you are ever so brave compared to those wimps." Pansy fawned.

"Hear! Hear!" Crabbe agreed.

One of the girls present, with ash blonde hair, silently scoffed, displaying her lack of interest in the topic that had been consistently bothering her since she got on the train.

Goyle asked with great curiosity, "Was the view truly superior in the minister's box compared to the other rows?"

"Definitely," remarked Draco. "Felt good, especially knowing the Weasleys were far away."

"I bet they spent every penny on those tickets," Pansy scrunched her nose in disgust. "Not good for the family."

"Good one Pansy," cackled the platinum-haired boy, a mischievous grin on his face. "Not to mention, we did not have to sit anywhere near Mudbloods either."

The group laughed in unison; all but one girl. She cleared her throat to bring up another topic whilst standing up and dusting her clothes.

"Draco enough about our time at the World Cup, tell them about the news for this year," she said with a small smile. "I'll be off to catch up with Daphne, or perhaps Blaise and Theo... if I ever see them."

"Oh! If you find Daphne, tell her I got Merula Snyde's new book yesterday. Quite a catch if I do say so myself." Pansy giggled.

Blake absentmindedly nodded, fighting the urge to roll her eyes.

"Leaving so soon?" questioned Draco with a confused tone. "We only just got here. And we have much more to tell, especially how we weren't supposed to be in this joke of a school."