𝟬̷𝟬̷𝟯. ㅤswitch and alter

━ ❦ ━chapter 3

━ ❦ ━
chapter 3. switch and alter
word count: 3930

       BY the next morning, the storm had subsided, yet the Great Hall's ceiling remained overcast. During breakfast, Blake and Draco sat together at the Slytherin table, going over their new course schedules.

"Herbology with the Gryffindors... Potions with the Ravenclaws... Arithmancy..." said Blake as she read her Monday column schedule. She skimmed over the rest of the columns before turning to her friend, "What's yours?"

"Nothing interesting," Draco put his schedule down for Blake to see. "It seems we have a common problem of Gryffindors ruining our days."

Blake playfully rolled her eyes as she took a piece from her golden french toast.

"Good Morning," greeted Daphne from behind, as she took a seat beside Blake. "What's your schedule, Blake?"

By this time, the Hufflepuff already packed it into her bag, along with her other things.

"The usual," replied Blake, "Hufflepuffs with Ravenclaws... Slytherins with Gryffindors... most of the time."

Daphne furrowed her brows, "Well we should have some classes together, take a look at mine." She laid out her course schedule beside Blake's plate.

Blake skimmed it, finding some common points, "Charms on Tuesday, History of Magic on Wednesdays, and Ancient Runes on Thursday... not bad," she lifted her hand to pretend to count and faked a gasp, "I think you have more subjects with me than Draco."

The platinum-haired boy suddenly whisked his head to Daphne's schedule, looking through it.

"That's ghastly! Who made this schedule?" complained Draco, looking perplexed. "I'll tell my father about this."

"And what exactly will you tell him? Snape is probably the one who made your schedule just as Sprout arranged mine," said Blake amusingly.

"I'll tell him all about this cheat system," fumed Draco. "It's the old crone, Dumbledore. Putting two and two together for the sake of unity."

Blake and Daphne took one look at each other before silently laughing.

"Cheer up Draco, this year isn't as bad because of the tournament," added Daphne, earning a light tap to her left.

The Malfoy then instantly seemed to brighten up, a smug smirk on his face, "You're quite right Greengrass. Since we can't enter, Saint Potter won't have the eternal glory to shine either."

Blake shook her head at the boy's way of thought. More students started to file in for breakfast in the Hall, Blake and Draco semi-separating like the other day as more of their friends arrived.