Chapter 10

Nothing much happened during the time Edwyn, Daenerys and her khlasar travelled to Qarth.

Edwyn asked Daenerys all about her life in Essos and Daenerys could do nothing but respond in fear of Edwyn if he decided to just kill everyone. It wasn't a normal conversation. Edwyn forced words out of Daenerys' mouth and she had to be truthful. Edwyn had a strange nack of sensing lies and he made it very clear when Daenerys lied about how she felt when her brother was killed by Drogo.

Soon, they reached the doors of Qarth where they were recieved by 'The Thirteen' which, according to Edwyn, were nothing but a group of greedy cunts.

The moment Edwyn saw them, he knew they were power-hungry fat asses. He didn't miss the eye contact and the silent conversation between a dark-skinned fat ass and Doreah, Daenerys' handmaiden.

'So they know each other... no, there's more... they're not mere acquaintances.'

The dark-skinned fat ass introduced himself as Xaro Xhoan Daxos, one of the thirteen who governed Qarth. He volunteered to vouch for Daenerys and her khalasar and take them under his protection when Daenerys was denied entrance for not showing her dragons to them.

It immediately rang warning bells in Edwyn's mind. Out of habit, he spread his senses as far as they could reach.

There...

A building with a high density of magic... and it was increasing as they walked inside the city.

'I'm not leaking any magic as I have perfect control over it. The environment here isn't that saturated with it. Then, where is it absorbing magic from? There has to be a natural source nearby.'

Then, suddenly, his head snapped towards the wooden boxes carrying the baby dragons.

'They are naturally absorbing magic... and are releasing it in a much purer form... that building is absorbing the magic released by these dragons.'

Edwyn's searched through the people of Qarth with half lid and bored eyes.

'There has to be someone keeping a constant eye on us.'

As the dark-skinned fat ass led them to his house, Edwyn counted a number of hooded figures that hid in the darkness and followed Daenerys, her khalasar and him till they reached the fat ass's house... or more like a mansion.

For the time being, Edwyn decided to stay out of the way and observe how Daenerys would handle the situation. He had some other things to do. Like sending a clone to scout the city of Qarth and the building that was constantly absorbing magic. As well as reading the letter he had recieved all the way from Westeros.

'So Robert is dead and Ned Stark was executed for treason? Huh, who in their right mind would think that he'd be a traitor. Lannisters, of course. Joffrey is the king, just like I thought. The North will go to war because of this. Cersei... the root cause of the problem. I'll have to speed things up here. Westeros will suffer a great deal and I'm not there to stop any of it. Fuck!'

Edwyn slept very little that night. His mind often wandering towards the possible suffering the common folk would have to face. Not to mention, the countless lives that'll be lost in the wars.

The next day, Daenerys was offered a dress to wear for a reception planned by the dark-skinned fat ass.

Edwyn watched, walking standing beside Jorah, as the fat ass boasted about his wealth and success.

'He's not holding back at all...'

Taking a glance at Jorah, Edwyn whispered disdainfully, "Stop drooling at her you wrinkly old ball sack! Stop thinking with your tiny pecker and use your mind! She's around the age your daughter would have been!"