2 || saved

I saw my whole life as if I already lived it.
An endless parade of parties and coalitions, yachts and polo matches. Always the same narrow people, the same mindless chatter. I felt like I was standing at an great precipice. With no one to pull me back, no one who cared..or even noticed.

  ___________
3rd person pov.

   Rose ran down the long corridor hallway, her hair down and flying as she ran, tears streaming down her face. She ran outside and to the back of the ship.

She momentarily ran by Jack laying on an bench, him gazing up at the stars. He saw her and sat up.

Rose got to the back, taking shaky breaths, slowly walking over to the railing and looking behind her. She looks down at the dark water, Rose picks up the trail on her dress and begins to carefully climb over the railing.

 She looks down at the dark water, Rose picks up the trail on her dress and begins to carefully climb over the railing

Rose turns around, facing down at the deep ocean. Her hands firmly grip the railing, as she leans out. Her hair is flying by the movement of the winds.

"Don't do it." Jack cautiously walks toward her.

Rose whips her head around at the sound of his voice, it takes a second for her eyes to focus.
"Stay back! Don't come any closer!."

"Take my hand. I'll pull you back in." Jack tell her, extending his hand out.

"No! Stay where you are. I mean it. I'll let go." Rose stares back at the rushing water.

Jack starts to move toward her, throwing his cigarette overboard.   "No you won't."

"What do you mean no I won't? Don't presume to tell me what I will and will not do, you don't know me." Rose snaps at him.

"Well, you would've done it already."

"Your distracting me, go away."

"I can't, I'm involved now. If you let go, I'll have to jump in there after you." Jack says, taking off his jacket.

"Don't be absurd. You'll be killed." Rose tells him.

"I'm a good swimmer." Jack unties his left shoe.

"The fall alone would kill you."

"It would hurt, I'm not saying it wouldn't. To be honest, I'm a lot more concerned about that water being so cold." Jack takes off his shoe and begins to untie the other one.

Rose looks back down, the reality factor of what she's doing is starting to sink in.   "How cold?."

"Freezing, maybe a couple degrees over." He takes off his right shoe.   "Ever been to Wisconsin."

"What?." Rose asks, confused on why he is asking her this right now.

"Well they have some of the coldest winters around, I grew up there, near Chippewa Falls. Once when I was a kid, me and my father were ice-fishing out on Lake Wissota..ice-fishing is you know where you-."