Chapter Ten

Perth was on time and was waiting outside for Saint to arrive. He was wearing a grey-checked shirt over black T shirt, jeans and sneakers. Having explored the city from Saint's eyes, he was wondering if Saint would like what he had to show. He did not have many exquisite things to show. He led a normal life. Most of his time was spent with his friends, playing soccer. There was nothing different from any ordinary young man's life.

Saint arrived shortly. He was wearing a peach and white patterned shirt, with grey jeans and white sneakers. He looked too flamboyant and Perth was scared to even touch him, in case he rigged him with scars, similar to what he had on his body. Saint was not used to of physical labor, unlike Perth who always liked to get involved into activities that would make him sweat. Perth handed him a helmet and directed him to sit on the pillion. Saint kept his hands on his knees, when Perth pulled his hands to the front and asked him to hold him tight.

"I am sorry for the ride, but this is what I use for everyday commute." Perth informed.

Saint smiled. "It's fine Perth. As long as it's you, I am fine with whatever you have to offer." He replied.

This hit an entirely different node to Perth. His heart was fluttering, ready to oust his body and run a somersault right on the road. Avoiding Saint's gaze, he gulped and started his motorbike. They reached to his mom's café. Every weekend Perth and Gulf would gather at his mom's café to help her out with early morning routines of setting up the café, cleaning and collecting purchases from the delivery vans. When they reached there, Phom, Gulf, Mild and Boat were already there. During the weekends, Boat would sometimes be there too. Recently, he's been coming too often.

Phom was delighted to meet Saint. Perth had informed her that they were getting to know each other as part of their competition. However, Phom did not want to impose labor work on Saint but with Perth's insistence, she asked him to organize the chairs and tables with Perth. After which, she asked them to go the market to get some stuff for the café. Perth drove their Pickup car with Saint on the passenger seat. It was already half past 10 and Saint was very hungry. His breakfast time had exceeded. He was wondering if he should ask Perth whether he had breakfast already, but since Perth was busy with chores, he let his stomach rumble on its own.

Perth stopped by near a noodle stall.

"I love the noodles this old lady makes. You should try once. You will never regret it." Perth told Saint.

Saint smiled. He wasn't comfortable with eating a street side food, but since he had promised Perth that he would comply to his way of living, he agreed to it. To his amusement, he found the noodles to be one of the best that he has ever had except for the ones PMew makes for him. He was delighted to have it. Perth was contended with Saint's expressions. He knew he'd like it. After stuffing themselves, they left to purchase the stuff Phom had asked for.

It was nearly noon when they returned to the café. Saint never thought that the running a café would be this tiresome. It's good that Phom has her kids support and work for her. She herself is quite a determined and progressive woman. To have established a business on her own, and run is successfully is quite remarkable on her part. Phom was happy with their work and offered Saint a milkshake and some sweets as a reward for helping her out. Perth was crunching at her.

"Ma, you never gave my any reward. How come he is getting one?" He asked her annoyingly.

Phom glared at Perth. "Shut up and get back to work."

"Urgghhhh..." Perth squealed.

"Here. You can have mine." Saint offered.

Perth was taken aback. He was not able to hold his fluttery heart whenever Saint smiled at him sweetly. He didn't realize that he was staring at Saint wide eyed. Gulf was watching them from afar and kept chuckling to himself. Mild and Boat too were noticing difference in Perth ever since Saint had come in his life.