If only I could forgive you

(All hail Soren⬆)

Hydra was back. The world wasn't ready for it. Especially not now. They had no one. No one to protect them. No one to make them feel protected. 

She was asleep, hands resting on her stomach, face completely peaceful.

He was awake but wished they could switch. He wanted to die...but it just wasn't the right thing to do. So instead of taking his life, he took his time to be with her. Harley sat by Ellie's bed, eyes fixated on her face. Peter soon joined him in the hospital room, placing a hand on Harley's shoulder.

"How's she doing?", he asked. Harley looked up at him but, without answering, he looked back down, "Look, I know it's hard. But we need you to rest too."

"I'm fine."

"Harley...you got shot. I don't think you're fine."

"But I am, Peter! She's not! All because of me..." he said and Peter knelt in front of him. 

"None of this was your fault. Okay? If anyone's to blame...it's me. She told me this would happen and I didn't listen."

"But you weren't there. You couldn't do anything. I could and I didn't, " Harley whispered, "I failed her."

"No-"

"I did! Just get out, you're not helping!"

"Alright. Call us if she wakes up," Peter said and left. Outside waited Cassie, Shuri, and Wiccan.

"How's he doing?", Cassie asked.

"Don't pretend like you didn't just hear everything," Peter said, "She's not waking up."

"She knew. How could she possibly know this would happen?", Cassie dropped down into a chair.

"It's Elorea we're talking about. I would be more surprised if she didn't know," Wiccan said.

"I just hope she wakes up," Cassie whispered.

"She will. She's one of the strongest people I know, " Shuri told her.

"Does anyone know if they found Zak?" Peter asked.

"They're still looking. But he could be anywhere by now," Wicc replied.

"Exactly what I'm afraid of. What if they can't find him? ", Peter crossed his arms.

"He better hope they don't. Once I get my hands on him, he's dead," Cassie said angrily.

"Cassie, we can't kill him,"

"Says who?"

"I do! We're not killing anyone," Peter told her.

"You're not. I might," she said.

"Ha ha, very funny."

"He hurt my friends. I'm serious," she said and Peter sighed, sitting down with the rest of the group, his face buried in his hands.

Hours went by and she was still sleeping. But he was now sleeping too. Dreaming of her. Longing for her. She was peaceful no more as she began to stir from her slumber. She opened her eyes slowly, examining the blue walls around her. Once she tilted her head down, she noticed the boy sleeping with his head on her stomach, his hand clutching her own. He was shirtless, his shoulder bandaged up tightly, his stomach slightly purple. Ellie ran her free hand through his hair. Next, she realised that she was wearing his hoodie and some shorts, that her entire body was sore, that her left leg felt heavy. She winced in pain as she tried to stand, waking Harley up.

"Shut up, I'm trying to sleep," he said in a hoarse voice. Ellie laughed.

"Don't be rude, you bitch," she said and Harley jumped up, eyes wide. In a split second, she glimpsed a red-haired woman about to walk through her door, recognizing her instantly. She quickly laid back down and pretended to be asleep as the door behind Harley opened. Harley's eyes were fixed on her as the woman, dressed as a nurse, walked in with two men. He was in disbelief, mouth wide open, eyebrows slightly raised. He was sure he heard her voice but he didn't catch her awake.