KNOW YOU.

March 10, 2020

Dear Miss Elle,

     I've been breathing for seventeen years. Throughout those years, I've never felt worthy or deserving of any love.

     I grew up with a diverse environment, this includes being around my relatives for as long as I can remember. To be honest Miss Elle, I never felt love with them, all I feel is the need to be brave or strong. When with them, I never felt— me. 'Though, I must say, few of them makes me feel loved.

     As a teenager, I had struggled with my identity and the eagerness to familiarize myself in the new air that touches me. High school was fun, they say, half of it is true. I've met my friends in high school, they made me feel happy for sometime. I long for that from the people I love. They completed my years and filled me with joy, not until drama came. It's too much a call for me to say, I didn't like it but I was a part of it, and that, I am not proud of myself.

     Although my family made me feel loved and gave me all the attention I need, it didn't feel enough. My love for them is different, so is their love for me. A void within my heart is felt everytime I feel weak. The numbness I feel with every ache of tears. It is unstoppable.  

     Now, I found myself here, in this bed, writing to you. I think for the past years I craved for the attention of others and forgot to find myself. With that said, I am still learning to accept my flaws, a lady who's a work in progress and still on a quest to find her purpose but within, she has love and passion for herself.

     I have known to love thyself when no one else wouldn't— love thyself because only then, you can love others. You can't give what you dont have.