Gally's Recipe

Jeff and Clint already stand in the crowd of gladers, as they were probably the first to know the greenie had awaken. I guess they had been preoccupied and then the next thing they knew her cot was empty, and they were chasing after her. Now they stand here, underneath the treehouse, dodging rocks being hurled at all of us by the troublemaker herself. Since they were so fixated on the commotion, they didn't see when Gally stumbles to his knees after one of the stones find its way to his forehead. 

Gally mumbles something as he loses his footing. I can only guess it was a swear of some sort as I go to his side. It was my turn to approach the wounded. He clenches a patch of grass between his fingers, angry. I put a hand on his shoulder, praying he wouldn't curse me out. To my surprise, Gally let me help him to his feet. I don't think he really knows it's me-- possibly due to the dizzy spell the stone brought him into-- until I call out to him. "Gally, are you ok?"

Another groan escapes his mouth. Then muttering to himself, he clamps his hand around his forehead more firmly. I guess the rock had cut him, and think there is definite possibility of blood. I wouldn't be sure though until I could examine him-- like the few times I'd done alongside Clint. But, I wasn't too eager on prying Gally's large hands off his forehead, and I knew for a fact he wouldn't let me do anything like that in the here and now. I knew what I needed to do.

A few of the other gladers start to take in the scene, some like Fry and Hank reaching out to see if everything was alright. Gally shoves them off, muttering through gritted teeth that he's ok. He deflects their concerns, leaving them to the dirt. "Shuck off, I feel fine," he doesn't say it in his usual shout, and then for a moment I thought he was going to pass out. I knew he wasn't telling the truth; he wasn't fine. Gally stumbles a few steps towards me, unable to steady himself alone. I come to his side once more, him then letting me hold up his body. I ache under his weight and it's awkward for how much shorter I am than him. It's just my luck that Hank notices my dilemma. He wraps an arm around Gally, bearing half his weight. Hank does much better at aiding Gally walk than I could: forcing him to steady himself and walk in a straight line.

"Help me get him to the med hut," I voice, walking ahead of them. Hank nods and Gally gives a last word of resistance before he just grunts and lets Hank lead him.

As Hank and I turn for the med hut, Thomas and Minho appear on the scene, jogging to join the other gladers. Thomas shoots us a quizzical look at us. I shoo him away, mouthing a "we're ok here." He nods, following after Minho in shooting his attention on the greenie and the sky that still hails rocks. 

Just before we make it out of earshot, I hear someone shout, and the noise of rocks hitting metal and various other materials ceases. I pray Newt or someone has stopped the offensive from knocking the rest of them out.

As I open the med hut door, Hank tries to sit Gally down on one of the cots. 

"Shank, I'm fine." Gally's jaw was still clenched, still gritting his teeth through the pain. "Hands off, Hank," he shoves Hank's hand off his arm, annoyed, but still shakily taking a seat.

"Ok ok. Don't have to tell me twice. I'll leave you two to it," a smirk creeps up Hank's tanned face. He turns to me. "Take good care of cap, will ya?" Hank offers a wink as he exits the med hut. 

Gally shifts his hand a bit on his forehead as he tilts his skull towards me. "Did he just wink at you?" He squints, attempting to open his eyes. Gally utters another hiss out of pain, which made sense, for his injury being only a couple inches far from his eyes. He levels his look of insolence back down to a squint, peering at me through the slit around his green eyes.

I nod, going over to the cabinet full of ointment and liquids for injuries of every form. "Yes." I grab a jar of antibiotic cream, used for cuts and open wounds. I figure it would preform best based off my best guess of Gally's head condition. I grab a cloth off one of the hooks on a nearby wall and wet it in one of the sinks.