Purgatory II/III

The vampire followed and protected me on our path for what turned into an extensive mission

The vampire followed and protected me on our path for what turned into an extensive mission. We followed the symbols for a month, constantly distracted from our goal by the onslaught of beasts trying to rip us apart.
At first, I was nearly useless until I managed to pick up a new weapon. Benny was defending my life with everything he had. I saw in him that he had a heroic side. He could've left me to die and rot and find my brother instead at any time. But he chose to stick with me and keep me alive.

When we finally found the rather unimpressive little building tucked away in a steep ravine, the symbols behind us all vanished.

Faintly I heard a thrumming of power, like a steady drum in my skull as I approached the door. There was no handle, nor hinges to speak of. It was just a slab of wood set tight inside a frame.

There were bones and skulls with fangs strewn all about the secluded property, some very old and some newer.

"Way I hear, many have tried and failed getting in there," Benny said, taking a position next to me, "what makes you so sure you can?"

"Because I think it was meant for me. Like a safe house for See- ...people like me."

We'd been traveling at what felt like a dead run, with battles every step of the way. I never had time to explain to him about being a Seer. I got the impression by his clothing and his mannerisms that he wasn't particularly old, and he never mentioned anything about Seers as alot monsters did when they crossed my path. I really didn't have the mental energy to give him a history lesson, so I kept it to myself.

"Meant for you huh? Well..give it go," he encouraged, "I'll admit I'm dying to know what's in there."

I hadn't seen much, in the dreaming vision, just the facade of the place and a blurry arsenal hanging on the wall inside. And a desk. For some reason, the vision kept refocusing on a small, shabby little desk.

Opening the door wasn't difficult. All I had to do, was touch it. Some enochian spellwork lit up all over it, and it pushed inward at the seams before sliding away into the frame.

I heard Benny hmph behind me as I cautiously stepped over the threshold.
It was dark inside, and I looked back at my companion, concerned he may or may not be able to cross over with me.

Matching my concern, he gingerly hung the very tip over his boot over the frame. Nothing happened.
"Guess the door was the only problem. "

The moment I was fully inside, a single candle mounted on the wall ignited all by itself, illuminating the place enough to see everything.

There was almost nothing.

Just the desk, a wooden chair, and a single wall filled to capacity with mounted blades all shapes and sizes.
One in particular caught my eye.