TMCD: Chapter 6

I'm winning a date with you. Granted, it's the frigging lamest date on earth, but I'm winning it anyway.

~Liz Reinhardt, Double Clutch (Brenna Blixen, #1)~

*

CHAPTER 6: The Offer

[Nicholas POV]

Time to time, he keeps looking at her while she is busy entertaining his cousins and other family relatives, friends, and acquaintances who congratulate them in their engagement. He can sense that Chasity isn't that type of person who likes spotlight or socializing others because she does not seem happy and eager at all. Or maybe she does not want to marry him, either way napipilitan lang din ito. Same with him.

But what he does not understand is that, why did she agreed of marrying him kung hindi naman siya nito gusto? The fact that she could backout dahil wala namang mawawala sa kanya if she will not pursue to this. Unlike him that he has to agree the marriage because his dad will jeopardize his position as CEO. His dad is stubborn as his. Kaya nitong isuko ang pamamahala ng Demizticuz empire anytime he wants because he already builds his connection, he had new ventures in business. Unless, this woman has also the benefits to do the agreement. Of course, isa siyang Demizticus and it's a privilege to be his wife. She could have the life she wanted to, she could establish connections and fame. Aside from that, he can provide everything to her--money. That's all the people want. Money and fame.

Nakaramdam siya ng panghihinayang. She is the woman he wants to know better. She is the woman he is physically attracted to. He likes her looks, her smiles, and even her sexy body. He has to admit that she is not the type of woman he dated before. She looks innocent but there's fierce inside of her. She looks like a woman who could not fool anyone, but looks can be deceiving. Who knows what she really wants? Afterall, kung pera at karangyaan lang ang pag-uusapan, tingin niya ay habol din nito ang karangyaan ng pamilyang Demizticus. Probably the main reason she agreed to get married with him.

He did not want to be manipulated by anyone else. It was obvious, that she does not like him. Dahil sa umpisa pa lang, hindi na ito interesado sa kanya. His ego is wounded. But who cares? He wanted to know what she is planning for, iyon ang pinakamahalaga sa ngayon. He can deal the attraction he feels for her later. Hindi niya hahayaang manipulahin siya sa kakaibang nararamdaman sa dalaga. As long as he can hold it, hindi siya magpapadala sa nararamdaman, it's okay. Maybe he just wanted to fvck her. Wala ng mas malalim na dahilan.

"Congratulations, hijo." Bati sa kanya ng mag-asawang Chan. Nakipagkamay siya dito at nagpasalamat. Napukaw ang malalim na iniisip niya nang lapitan siya ng mga ito. Maya-maya ay may lumapit na namang kasosyo nila sa trabaho para batiin siya.

Sinisimsim niya ang alak sa hawak na baso habang nakatitig siya sa dalaga. Tumayo ito at naglakad palayo. Sinudan niya ito na lumabas sa convention hall. Marahil ito na ang chance na makausap niya ito ng solo ngayong gabi. Nakita nya itong umupo sa bench, harap ng fountain. Tinitigan niya muna ito saglit bago nilapitan. She felt relieved in her position kumpara kanina na kasama ang mga bisita. Dahan-dahan siyang lumapit sa kinauupuan nito.

"So, you're here." He approached lightly.

Medyo nagulat ito sa ginawa niya. Napahawak ito sa kanyang dibdib. Hindi naman niya sinasadyang gulatin ito. Chasity was staring at him, every inch of his body. Well, he cannot blame her for staring because he is too handsome to ignore. Hindi niya maiwasang mapangiti sa reaksyon nito. She looks so cute when she noticed na napansin niya ang pagtitig nito sa kanya.

"So, what are your plans my bride?" Tanong niya nang makahuma ito. Tiningnan siya nito na may pagtataka at tumayo. Dahan-dahan itong lumapit sa gawi niya. She crossed her arms in front of him at mas lalong umumbok ang dibdib nito. Lihim siyang napamura dahil nag-iinit na naman ang pakiramdam niya.