one

⚠️ this book contains near-suicide, depressing elements, angst, swearing. if you don't like any of those aspects, i'd advise you to close off the book right now.

₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋₋

Dream laid on his comfortable white bed, his eyes affirming to the dark ceiling that protected over him in his house. The only source of light in his bedroom was the bright monitor that shined across to the bed Dream was resting on, displaying the modern Minecraft menu screen. This caused a bit of distraction for Dream's sensitive eyes, as his pupils constantly swayed across the room out of anxiousness, leaving his eyes to be unsurprisingly blind to the sudden readjustment of light every time he rapidly moved. Still, he gripped his soft mattress, now beginning to focus his eager eyes onto the distracting screen that laid slightly above his flat body.

Jostling his body up, he finally decided to take willpower onto his hands and raise his bottom off the mattress. He guided himself to the monitor that stood there peacefully, while the moon was still very much glazed above his house, leaving a tint of faint, grey moonlight above the tiled dark red roof above his head.

Within the dark amidst of the tiny room, he managed to uneventfully click the "multiplayer" button. Dream pushed his wrist, putting his cursor closer to one of the servers that Dream used to play alot.

Hypixel.

Since school had started getting stressful for Dream, like many other students, he didn't find the time to do stuff that he used to enjoy in the past. He'd somehow always fantasize about reliving those moments in present time, as the stress built up that was too much for Dream to handle for him to barely enjoy stuff. Now that his life mostly revolved around school work, he'd often isolate himself from friends, and as a result of this self-destructing behaviour, Dream could no longer appreciate his friends. He began to feel a bit depressed, him barely ever building up courage to do something 'likeable' in his life as he felt like he never needed to.

Today was that day he was finally going to do something for once, aside school work that he really hated doing.

He bucked his head up slightly, now him getting the full picture of what he was about to do. His hands settled a bit from his restless behaviour, as he clicked once again to his server. What revealed next was a lag spike, with a bunch of people scattered around the small lobby he was in. Dream right-clicked, revealing the bunch of minigames that was on his compass. He eyed his one game he used to play.

It was 'Skywars'. This immediately brought him back to the nostalgic memories of him try-harding every game, and being a giant nusiance to the server by calling everyone dumb if he ever lost a game. Dream chuckled silently, as the memories clouded his brain aimlessly. He had no other purpose now but to close his eyes, and watch the memories flash to his vision momentarily, before opening his eyes, that clashed him back into the harsh world of reality.

He watched awfully at the sight of people pouring into the games, wanting to most likely have fun. Dream was also there to have a good laugh too, him now crowding around with the other person in the queue. He played double skywars, so he had another team player. Dream peered over the opaque nametag that showed above his character, which had the letters GeorgeNotFound written above it.

Neither said much in the chat box, and was left untouched for a few minutes. Dream died, and George died a similar fate too. They both got bowed by the only good person in the game, but it was nothing to worry about too much. An unexpected surprise followed itself in the chat, as Dream lurked over the unusual message.

===================

"GeorgeNotFound has sent you a friend request!

 [Accept]                              [Decline]

===================

Dream hovered his cursor above the "Accept" button in an instant, leaving no time to waste. He carefully analysed the small, but yet kind gesture to friend an online person. Dream thought this was strange, as seeing nobody really liked him in real life. His eyes felt hungry for the next action of the nice stranger, his body tipping over the desk a slight bit with his fingers and hands on the keyboard and mouse. Meanwhile, George typed something up quickly to allow a conversation to intervene.

GeorgeNotFound: hey! i friended you since you seem like a nice person and all :-) do u have discord?

Dream's eyes still couldn't face the other side of kind-hearted reality, as he had been burdened with hate and overwork. To see kindness like this being posed right infront of him left him a bit unruly, and hesitant to reply. But still, he fought against his instincts and typed out something he thought was stupid.

Dream: yea sure. dream#0210. happy to see you there! :)

George gleaned over the screen, typing his name onto the "Add Friends" bar, while Dream was twiddling his fingers together to the excitement he wasn't able to keep in. Eventually, a notification was sent through Dream's laptop screen in the corner, showing a nice clear sign that George added him. He moved his cursor to the screen, where he saw George being the first person in DMs, and already had messaged Dream beforehand.

george: hey! sorry if i can't talk right now, my dad wants me to get off the computer right now since he wants me to go to sleep. i would install this app on my phone, but my dad keeps my phone locked in a random spot every night. so, see you tomorrow hopefully.

dream: cya!

george: btw, isn't it like.. late for you? btw, i'm from england. it's 11:39 pm here.

dream: it's 9 pm where i live. timezone is gonna be a problem.

george: it is lol. go to sleep. anyway, cya tomorrow!

dream: cya!

Dream averted his eyes away from the computer, contemplating he should do what George advised him to do. Since it was going to still be the weekend when he woke up, he wanted time to pass by. It was for the best to go to sleep.

He turned off the monitor in a heartbeat after making the heartfelt decision, and traced his steps back to the bed where everything was now blacked out. Dream could barely keep himself from shaking and making weird noises out of excitement. What mattered to him was that he made a new friend, and that he finally had someone to talk to.

Swifting from the bed, the restless energy eventually weared off, and Dream remained in a suitable position on the bed. His head now turned, he drifted his eyes off to sleep, waiting for the next day to flow by quickly.

He hoped the next day, he'd be online.