𝐈𝐈𝐈-𝐓𝐡𝐞 𝐏𝐫𝐨𝐟𝐞𝐬𝐬𝐨𝐫𝐬 𝐀𝐫𝐞𝐧'𝐭 𝐀𝐥𝐫𝐢𝐠𝐡𝐭

"Then, raise your wand like so, and say-"

"I already learned these spells like three times-," I whispered.

"Miss Griffins, if you are so convinced that you don't need to pay attention in this class, do enlighten me. How does one transform small objects into dragons?"

My heart sunk to the floor, my words stopped abrubtly during my attempt to begin another sentence. I reluctantly turned my head around to face Professor McGonagall and the rest of the classes turned heads staring at me expectantly. I wasn't worried about answering the question, it was what I knew she would say after.

"Draconifors," I said obediently.

McGonagall didn't seem surprised. Here we go-some embarrassing and invalid excuse to give me some sort of punishment. "Excellent, I'm sure you can teach Mr. Malfoy to talk to friends and manage to obtain information at the same time in detention, hm? Seems as though detention is the only thing that will teach you the fact that you aren't the only one you are distracting."

I let out a quiet exhale of frustration, but didn't say much else.

I was sitting next to Lydia Hawthorne and Kalen Mitchell, the few other Slytherins that didn't make me want to pull my hair out.

The bare tip of my quill, clean from lack of ink, tapped impatiently as I waited for next period to arrive.

Finally, to my relief, the bell rang and I couldn't rush out of that room fast enough. I absolutely despised Transfiguration, mostly because McGonagall had it out for me.

I could never understand why, despite me calling out in class and causing trouble. Then again, Harry was just as much of a troublemaker as I was, but she seemed rather fond of him.

Kalen and Lydia hurried too keep up with me as I stormed down the hall.

"The nerve of that woman! Talking in class isn't nearly bad enough to punish with detention! Can you believe her?" I fumed, coming to a stop in front of the Great Hall.

"Well, she did give you a warning about four times. And it isn't that bad, you get detention all the time! Why get so worked up about this one?" Kalen commented.

I gave my signature piercing glare that always made him shut up.

"Wrong answer, Hawthorne," Lydia said, shaking her head.

I was about to go on another rant when-

"I also agree that McGonagall is a pain in the arse."

Draco, as he usually did, appeared out of nowhere and scared me to death. I nearly jumped the height of the cieling and yelped loud enough for the corridor to echo.

His smirk grew wider and I felt an odd sensation that made me want to throw my books at him.

I spun around on my heels, mumbling, "You aren't much better," before walking through the grand front doors. and Lydia stayed behind and had a quick coversation with Draco as I found a large empty space for us too sit at.

After I had poured myself I cup of pumkin juice, they slid in next to me, laughing so hard the bench shook when they sat down.

"You should've seen your face!"

I rolled my eyes. "Yeah, yeah, very funny. He thinks he is so sly, doesn't he? I can scare Isabell Griffins, aren't I the greatest in the world?" I said in a mocking voice.

That only made them laugh harder. I smiled and ranted on."I can't believe I have to go through I full detention in the same room as him. It's practically torture."