Tragedy || Human Connor x Female Reader

CONNOR'S VIEW

I woke up in cold sweat, my body ached in places, restraining me from getting up out of the bed I was in. I slowly opened my eyes a little bit more, but the bright florence light above me made me close my eyes tightly as a headache slowly took over.

I sat up and held my head until the ringing in my ears stopped and so did the headache, I took this time to focus on my surroundings.

I was in a hospital.

Why am I here?

How long was I out?

As I tried my hardest to remember what I was doing. Then it all came back to me as if I was a rock in the raging ocean, hitting me a wave that could crush anyone.

I remember being on a case, it was getting dangerous, but I couldn't just leave. I remembered being injured then someone blocking and getting infront of me, a gun shot, them tumbling back towards me made me slip and fall... then everything went black.

That person... I said repeatedly in my head as I tried to remember their voice or face. It hurt like a motherfucker trying to remember.

"M-My... partner." It hurt when I spoke, my mouth was dry and had a foul taste.

Her name echoed in my head as the rest of my memories flowed in slowly as I started to remember her voice, her face, and the stupid jokes she'd make. Where is she?

The door swung open to reveal a gorgeous woman, a bit surprised to see me awake, "Mr. Anderson, it's a pleasant surprise to see you finally awake after all this time," The woman's voice was soft and smooth with a bit of an accent... french? but her voice is nothing compared to, (F/n)'s.

"I'm nurse Bellerose, I'm the one who's been taking care of you and making sure you're stable. The doctor's weren't sure when you'd wake up after a year passed by when you were in a coma," She said, checking the IV.

But... did I hear that right? "I've been in here for a year?" My voice was hoarse. The nurse only nodded.

"Yes, that is correct. Would there be anything you'd like me to bring you?" She asked, holding the tablet close to her chest.

"Uhm, water," I said, looking away from her figure as I slowly touched my throat, looking down at my legs.

She left quickly. I looked around in the gray room, waiting for her return.

It's been ten minutes when she finally came back with a cup and a small jug of water, "I'm deeply sorry for taking so long, but I made a call. I called your brother to let him know you're awake finally," She said, pouring me a cup of water.

She gave me the cup and I quickly downed it. I was taken back when she mentioned, Nines. I didn't expect him to care after the big fight we had before I went into a coma. But then I remembered, (F/n)'s face again.

"Where... Where is my partner? Is she here? Her name is (F/n) Kamski," I said worriedly as I looked up at the Nurse, she frowned at me for not knowing.

The nurse looked down at the floor before making eye contact with me again, "I'm sorry to tell you this, but... Miss Kamski, did not make it. They found her body at the top, she had severe injuries, but when the authorities made it there, it was too late. You... you survived the fall with only a gash on your arm and a severe head injury, but the fall also put you in a coma," She finished informing me, breaking eye contact again.

The news shattered me. She's gone? My Partner?
I furrowed my eyebrows as I clenched my jaw. She's gone. No longer here... and it's all my fault for not being more careful. Tears slowly started to slide down my face, but they weren't tears of sadness... only frustration.