🥄Spoon🥄

Dean sighed as they reached the house, jumping back over the fence and looking around. He looked inside the house but saw no lights. Had Sam gone to the car?

  "Cas, go see if Sam is in the car." Dean said, walking softly up the stairs of the porch. Even if he couldn't reach lights in the house, didn't mean nothing was going on. Cas nodded in response to Deans request and walked to the Impala, he bent down, looking in through the window. 

  "Sam?" Castiel said, as if that would make him appear. Seeing that the car was empty, Castiel walked back into the yard. 

  "Dean?" Castiel called out, walking up to the sliding glass door. Castiel popped up behind Dean as he turned around, making him jump.

  "Damn Cas! We talked about this!" Dean said, his voice quiet but still aggressive. Cas just gave him a blank stare, their faces extremely close. Deans face burned as Castiel stood in place, the space between them both not small enough and not big enough, depending who you asked.
  "Am I interrupting something?" Sam questioned from the doorway. He made his way over as Dean took a step away, distancing himself from Castiel. 

  "We were just looking for you." Castiel said, standing still in his place. Sam just smirked and nodded slowly. 

  "Alright well it was definitely that thing, body was mutilated the same way." Sam explained turning away and walking down the hall. Dean followed after Sam down the stairs and out the front door.

  "How in the hell are we supposed to find this thing Sammy?! It's leading us on like cats and it's the damn mice." Dean said angrily, opening the drivers side of the Impala. Sam just shrugged as he entered the passengers seat.  

  "I don't know Dean." Sam said running a hand through his hair. "But we cant let it continue killing people." Sam continued. Castiel popped into the backseat, and smoothed his hands along his pants. 

  "We should leave, we've already been here too long." Castiel stated, staring at Dean. Dean looked back at him through the mirror before starting the engine and driving off. 

  "Cas what do you think that thing is?" Sam asked, flipping through his dads journal, coming up empty handed. 

  "The only things with black blood are leviathans, but that isn't one." Castiel said, wracking through his knowledge of the beings he knew of. 

  "Well this fucker isn't killing again! And if it does we better be right on it's ass." Dean said, he sounded annoyed. He was blaming himself for this thing being able to continue killing, even though they didn't know how to kill it. Dean pulled into a motel and parked.

  "You know I'm starting to hate these things." Dean commented, putting the impala into park. Sam let out a chuckle as he exited the car.

  "You didn't start hating them when we were kids?" Sam asked, closing the door. Dean rolled his eyes, and exited too, Cas following. 

  "I'll go get the room." Sam said, walking away from the two. Dean leaned against the car, looking towards Cas.

  "Hey, you really don't know what that thing is?" Dean asked, scuffing his boot against the floor. Castiel just shook his head no.

  "I apologize Dean, I don't know what it is." Castiel said plainly. Castiel stared at the ground, his hands in his pockets.

  "Here's your room key, Cas is sleeping with you tonight." Sam said when he walked back to join the two by Baby.

  "Sam, I don't sleep." Castiel reminded him, his voice monotone. He looked to Dean, who face was hot. He watched him grab the room key and walk away. Sam just winked at Cas before circling to the back of the car, retrieving his duffel bag and walking into the room he got, beside theirs. Castiel noticed Dean not coming back, and decided to grab the Winchester's duffel bag for him. After closing the trunk, the angel made his way into the motel room, and set down the bag on the table. 

  "I grabbed your bag for you Dean." Castiel said, noticing the brother making his way into the bathroom. "Are you going to shower?" Cas asked, placing his hands to his sides.

  "Yeah, you should think about one to, you're getting kind of stinky." Dean teased, walking into the bathroom. Castiel tilted his head, and waited patiently for Dean to finish. Dean sighed when he closed the bathroom door, locking it even though the angel wouldn't be phased by that of a door lock. He looked in the mirror, his face was still red, and he needed to shave.
Dean stripped off his shirt and turned on the faucet. He coated the bottom of his face with shaving cream, and picked up the disposable razor. After a couple minutes, the older Winchester's face was baby soft again. 

  Dean bent over, turning the shower head on and feeling for a good temperature. He remembered the steam shower when Sam and him were on a hunt, nothing compared to that shower. He removed his pants and looked in the mirror, he was still as toned as usual which was a good thing since he hadn't been doing as much physical work. Dean took off his boxers before stepping into the shower, letting the hot water cascade over his back. He took in a breathe as his mind wandered over the events of the last few days. Deans mind landed on Castiel, and it stayed there. 

   Castiel has been on Deans mind for months now, but with the angel having his grace back, dean knew the angel didn't have the emotions to return his feelings. But that didn't stop him from falling for the brown haired, literal, angel. Dean poured some shampoo onto his palm, rubbing it together and lathering his hair. He thought about the way he felt cuddling Castiel. Yes he remembered, he was the one who initiated it. He wondered if Castiel liked it too.. Probably not. Dean rinsed out the shampoo, and continued on to use conditioner and body wash. Once he had rinsed off the body wash and conditioner, he exited the shower, turning it off. Dean wrapped a towel around his waist and walked out of the now steamy room.

   "Are you finished Dean?" Castiel asked, looking at the bare chest of the male in front of him. Castiel imagines things that no holy creature should, and subconsciously stepped closer to Dean.

   "Yeah, you gonna take my advice and have one yourself?" Dean teased, tussling his damp hair. Castiel nodded as his eyes trailed down Deans torso. Dean watched as Castiel checked him out, and his face became hot again. His stomach churned with butterflies and he turned away quickly.

   "Well hurry up then." Dean said, walking towards his bag on the table to grab some fresh boxers and pajama pants. He watched the angel enter the shower, and sighed dropping his towel and dressing himself.

   It didn't take long for the angel to shower, and put on new clothes. He didn't get completely dressed, instead just wearing a t-shirt and sweatpants he had obtained a little while ago. He walked out of the bathroom to find Dean asleep on the bed. 

   Castiel, with no respect for Deans bubble, laid beside him, and pressed his chest to Deans back. Dean, now aware he was the little spoon, smiled. He knew that every time he got affectionate with the angel he got upset after, but in the moment, he never cared. Dean rolled over, and cuddled more into Castiels chest, needy for his affection. Castiel, almost shocked, didn't respond at first, but quickly adapted and held Dean to him. Dean let out a sigh of relief and relaxed, welcoming himself to fall asleep when he was ready.

  "Dean may I ask you something?" Castiel questioned, hand hand playing with Deans still wet hair. Dean mumbled a 'what' against his chest in response. "How do you feel about me?" The celestial being asked, his vessels heart beating in anticipation. Deans eyes widened slightly before he closed them again.

   "I'm not sure.. not like I should." Dean responded quietly, his tone almost sad. Castiel nodded, understanding what the human meant.

  "I as well don't know how I feel about you Dean." Castiel declared, closing his eyes as well, only seeing blackness as he always did. Dean didn't have a response, and if he did, he wouldn't say it.

   "Goodnight Cas.." Dean said softly, though his face burned and his heart raced. Could Cas actually feel or was he just confused, and missing the human emotions he mentioned earlier?