Chapter 5: It was so simple

Deku and Uraraka had continued to watch the rest of the class as they were called one by one to make their way down to the track to face their individual courses. So far everybody had been completing the course as fast as they could. While it was very impressive to see everyone's new abilities and supercharged quirks Deku and Uraraka were starting to realise that this wasn't a test of speed at all. It was actually something much simpler that the class had managed to get completely wrong because of their competition to see who was the fastest.

"Deku this is just a regular test, isn't it?" Uraraka asked, keeping her voice to a whisper and checking to see if he was on the same page.

"Yeah it is. We should never have made this a competition about speed. Sure speed is a factor like Mr Aizawa said outside but this is just a standard test to measure where we're at, just like he said. There's no trick or secret it's exactly how he said it is. Everyone's failing the test because they're too busy trying to win our competition" Deku said realising that ego had gotten the better of him and his classmates. Something Mr Aizawa was sure to punish once this is over.

"Everyone's ego must be sky high. With their new abilities and power level they probably all feel like they're on top of the world. Like they're invincible. No wonder everyone wants to win this little competition we've made. Everybody wants to prove how powerful they are. Like a pack of wolves fighting to prove who the alpha is" Uraraka said realising that they'd made a huge mistake as both she and Deku exchanged worried glances.

I have to tell Mr Aizawa. Me and Ochako seem to be the only ones that have noticed. If we tell him then maybe he'll give everyone a second chance.

"We should-" Deku began about to suggest telling Mr Aizawa about the competition since the class had kept it to themselves and as a result his classmates were all failing the test. However before he could even get the words out of his mouth the man himself was suddenly stood in front of the pair.

"You should what?" Mr Aizawa asked curiously making the two teenagers jump a little as he caught them off guard.

"Oh nothing sir" Uraraka said in a panic, quickly trying to play it off as nothing. Suspicious Mr Aizawa raised an eyebrow, clearly realising the two of them knew something.

"Come with me you two. I think we need to have a little chat" Mr Aizawa said walking between the two and out of the room. Deku and Uraraka exchanged glances once again before looking at the rest of the room to see their classmates staring at them, each of them with a look of pure confusion.

At least they didn't hear us. Mr Aizawa seems to be on to us though. He clearly didn't buy it when I said it was nothing.

"Uh oh. The golden boy's in trouble" Ashido teased with a big smirk on her face. Her comment earned a few smiles and chuckles from the rest of the class and a scowl from Uraraka.

"Golden boy?" Deku asked aloud a little confused by the nickname.

Why am I golden boy? Mr Aizawa doesn't have favourites....does he?

Before Uraraka could say anything Mr Aizawa appeared in the doorway clearly realising that the two of them hadn't been following him like he told them to.

"Uraraka, Midoriya. Now" Mr Aizawa said his tone calm but clearly annoyed. Both Deku and Uraraka gulped. For some reason he was much scarier when he was calm instead of shouting. Not wanting to push their luck the two of them nervously made their way to the door although admittedly they were dragging their feet a little, scared of what they might be in for.

"I haven't got all day" Mr Aizawa snarled a clear scowl on his face this time and Deku could've sworn he saw a strand of his teacher's hair stand up for a second. Deku quickly picked up the pace before Mr Aizawa got the idea to use his "scarf" on the two of them, grabbing Uraraka's hand and hurrying her along. He dragged her out of the room through the doors as fast as he could and then stopped to turn and face his teacher before realising Uraraka was giving him a look.

"What is it?" he asked.

"I can walk just fine on my own thanks, I don't need you to drag me along like I'm a todler. I'm a grown woman Deku" Uraraka protested with a very disapproving look on her face as she crossed her arms in a very sassy like fashion. Deku blushed a little, slightly embarrassed and feeling a little bit ashamed.

"Right. Sorry. It's just that Mr Aizawa seemed really impatient so I just thought the quicker the better and I figured that-" Deku tried to explain as he gradually spoke faster and faster but Uraraka simply shushed him, placing a finger on his lips to shut him up before he spiralled any further.

"If you're going to say I can't walk as fast as you because I'm shorter...then I'll make you do all my homework for the next week. After I slap you" Uraraka warned removing her finger from his lips. Deku opened his mouth to try and make his case but seeing the look on her face he decided not to and quickly closed it.

"That's what I thought" Uraraka said with a small grin on her face although it quickly disappeared when she turned to face her teacher and suddenly remembered he wasn't in the greatest of moods. Thankfully though he'd been too busy talking to the rest of the class.

"The rest of you wait right there. If you haven't done your course yet then now is time to strategise as best you can for a situation with no information to go on. If you've already completed the test then start thinking about any mistakes you made. There's always room for improvement" Mr Aizawa instructed to the rest of the class before slamming the doors shut with his back to the two teenagers. Deku and Uraraka exchanged one final glance and hoped they weren't in too much trouble.

"Now then you two..." Mr Aizawa said before turning around to face them. Deku and Uraraka braced themselves for what they both knew was coming.

"What's this I keep hearing about a competition?..."
_____________________________________________

Just a short one to keep you all ticking over. Nothing too exciting or anything just a little something for you all to know the story is still going. Next chapter probably won't be for a little while but don't worry won't be too long away. Hope you're all staying safe and doing well. I'll see you all in the next chapter.

Also thank you guys so much for 400k reads on the previous book that's insane numbers so thanks so much. Keep leaving your votes and comments I appreciate you all so much.