nine

BEFORE I START: 

YES, DRACO IS AWARE OF THE "DARE" THAT HARRY MADE. BUT IS NOT MAD ABOUT IT.

CHAPTERS LEFT: SIX

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

     With only a week until the homecoming dance, Harry found himself nervous for no reason. He really liked Draco and he knew that Draco really liked him. There was no reason for him to be as nervous as he was when it came time to look for his outfit. When Hermione and Draco went thrifting, Harry and Ron went somewhere too. The best friends went to a men's clothing warehouse to find their clothes.

     It took but an hour for them to find their clothes, but Hermione and Draco were having a harder time to find theirs. After trying on what seemed like a million dresses, Hermione had started to give up. Draco, however, had a perfect idea for her.

     "What color are Ron's eyes?" Draco inquired softly, an idea in his brain. She looked at him in confusion and thought for a moment. "Actually, nevermind. I have a thought." Draco sifted through the dresses on the rack before he found the one that would look amazing on Hermione. "Try this." It was floor length and layered with different shades of pink. The sleeves were the same ruffle-like material as the skirt. Hermione's eyes lit up as she smiled. She took the dress from Draco and went to try it on. 

     "How did you do that? Find the perfect dress in this mess?" She called through the dressing room door as she changed.

     "Honestly? I don't know. Fashion's always been kinda cool to me." He explained. "Verdict time, how's it look?"

     "You tell me?" She stepped out of the dressing room with a grin. Draco cheered with the brightest smile ever. "Good?"

      "Better than good!" He grinned. "My turn. I need to find something that'll impress Harry but still look like me." 

      "My time to shine, let's be going then!" Hermione changed back out of the dress into her clothes and they moved over towards the menswear. "This, this, and....oh my God. This." She grinned. In her hand was a silvery button-down shirt, a dark green pair of suede dress-pants and the matching jacket. The only difference being on the back of the jacket was a beautiful silver embroidered dragon. "Go! Go try it on!" Draco did as told. When he emerged from the dressing room he was quickly blinded by a flash. "Look." Hermione gasped, showing him the picture.

     He looked amazing. Different in something other than black, but amazing nonetheless. "It's perfect..." 

     "If you don't buy that, I'll buy it for you." Hermione grinned. She had found her new best friend outside of Ron and Harry and she couldn't be more overjoyed.

     "I'm buying it. Definitely. I mean, look! There's a freaking Dragon on the back of it! It's like this jacket was made for me." He went back into the dressing room and changed back into his clothes, making sure not to wrinkle the clothes. When the two went to make their purchases, they made sure to get their outfits in garment bags before leaving the store to meet up with their boyfriends for dinner.