Kiss Me, Olivia

It's nearing six in the morning and she's sleeping soundly next to him- she has been for the last two hours, and he thinks thank God. Her body is laid on it's side, with her stomach and chest partially strewn over his own. He can feel the rise and fall of her chest, and small heated breaths leaving her body as her mind goes through REM. Her arm stretched across the expanse of his chest, the ends of her fingers dangled over the edge of his body.

6:01 am.

It's not lost on him the intimacy of their position. The memories of how he would lay in bed with Maria like this flooded his memory for a moment, but this wasn't his soon to be ex wife. This was Olivia Benson: his goddamn partner. He knows the nature of their relationship is just as close friends, but he also knows that's complete and utter bullshit. Since her last abduction- since that warehouse they had been bound to one another like glue. Olivia found solace in his company.

It started that night she called him just a few hours after she insisted they leave her at home alone after being released from the hospital...

Then....

Olivia had finally been released from the hospital after spending nearly six hours there getting testing done and evaluated to make sure it was safe for her to come home. She couldn't believe that she had to go through this entire ordeal again. Except this time that son of a bitch was dead. He'd put a bullet in his head right in front of her, his blood splattered all over her as he fell to the ground; his brain matter leaking through the hole in his skull. She remembers it all so vividly yet she's trying so hard to already forget it happened.

He'd almost raped her- killed her.

She can't shake the memory of his gun on her, forcing her to play a game of russian roulette. The circular end of the metal touching her temple as she urges herself to pull the trigger. This was it.

"Liv?" She was pulled from her reverie. Her body was laid out on her couch as the guys tried to help her get settled in as much as they could.

"I'm sorry what did you say?" She couldn't even hide that she was completely out of it. The images played through her mind like a reel of footage, only showcasing the most brutal parts of her torture.

"Do you want us to stay with you?" Fin stood near the coffee table with his hands shoved into his pockets. She knew he was trying his hardest but the look of worry on his face wasn't helping her case at all.

"No, I'll be fine. I just need some quiet," Nick came from the kitchen with a glass of water in his hand and a bottle of ibuprofen.

"You sure?"

"I'm sure. I know if I need anything to call."

"Anytime," Nick emphasizes.

"Anytime," she repeats back to him and gives a faint smile. He feels the entire world still around him when he sees the sadness etched into her face. Olivia is trying her hardest to appear okay in front of them- this he knows. For chrissakes, she had just endured a scenario he wouldn't even wish on his worst enemy.

This was his partner, his best friend and one of the strongest women he knows. To see her so...broken? He can't seem to process it. Not again.

"You rest up. Good night, Liv," Fin heads for the door and looks over at her for a moment more until she closes her eyes. His feet feel like blocks of cement as he urges himself to leave her, and for his own selfish reasons he hopes that she does call him tonight.

"I'll have my phone on me," he says softly before turning away and following Fin.

Now....