• the barrens •

Your POV
"Take anything but the delicious deals guys, my mom loves them."

As I'm helping richie stuff his bag Eddie says, "first your saying the barrens now your saying the sewer, I mean, what if we get caught?" I walk over to Eddie and put my hand on his shoulder, "if we get caught...then that would suck." I laugh and walk back over to Richie. "We won't get caught Eds." Bill laughs a little too, "the sewers are public works, we are the public right?"

Richie goes over an opens a cabinet "hey Eddie, are these your birth control pills?" "Yea and I'm saving them for your sister!" Eddie responds. "I'm deeply offended Eddie," I sarcastically pout. Eddie closes the cabinet door and we're all about to leave when Mrs K says, "aren't you forgetting something?" Eddie walks over to her and gives her a kiss on the cheek. Richie and I stifle a chuckle, "you want one from me to Mrs K? I was ju-" I cut him off by pushing him out the door.

~~~
"That's poison ivy, and that's poison ivy an-" "Not every plant is poison ivy Stanley!" I raise my voice in a annoyed manner. "Ok well then where's the poison ivy?" Eddie asks, "nowhere!" Richie says aggravated. "Ok well I'm starting to get itchy and-" "do you use the same bathroom as your mother?" Richie questions, "yea sometimes" Eddie mumbles. "Then you probably have crabs!" "That is so not funny" Eddie says irritated.

Bill, Richie and I go farther into the sewers. "Ew" I mumble. Richie turns around and asks, "hey aren't you guys coming in?"
Eddie- "nah ah! It's greywater."

Richie- "what the hell is greywater?"

Eddie- "it's basically.. piss and shit, so I'm just telling you!"

Eddie- "you guys are splashing around in millions of gallons of Derry pee."

Richie walks over and picks up a stick. He smells it and says in another one of his awful accents, "doesn't smell like caca to me seńor"

Eddie- "hAVe YoU EvER hEArD oF a StAph iNfECtiOn?!"

Richie- "oh I'll show you a staph infection!"

I slap richies arm, "gross!" Richie and Eddie keep bickering and I go over to Bill. "g-guys!" He holds up a shoe, "shit, don't tell me that's-" Stan started. "G-g-georgie wore galoshes." "Who's sneaker is it?" I question, Bill looks at the inside. "It's Betty Ripsoms," Richie states.

I quiver are the thought of Betty being all alone down here. Bill starts going farther and I follow him, clinging to his arm slightly, making Bill blush. I giggle a little.

"Eddie come on!" Richie yells and Eddie stumbles over his words, "my mom will have a a aneurism if she finds out we're playing down here, I'm serious! Bill?" Bill takes a deep breath and stutters, "if I w-was Betty R-Ripsom, I w-would want us to find her...Georgie too"

"What if I don't wanna find her? No offense bill but I don't wanna end up missing either." Eddie quivers as he says this. I let go of Bills arm and say, "I agree with Eddie on this one I don't wanna go missing." I tremble in fear just thinking about being all alone without your friends, or your parents, or Richie. Richie may be a dick sometimes but I love him a lot. My thoughts are interrupted when a chubby kid falls in the water right outside the tunnel.

~~~~~~
We all set him down in a alleyway and Bill, Stan, Eddie and I go into the store to get supplies to fix him up. Almost seconds after you enter the store I get a weird feeling in my underwear. Then suddenly I realize what it is, "shit!" I say a little louder than I meant to. "What's wrong?" Eddie asks, "oh nothing, I just...um need to do something." I rush over to the tampons isle and see Beverly trying to decide which one she wants.

I question my next decision in my head but go up to her and ask if she has anything. She laughs and pulls one out of the box in her hands. I mouth "thank you" and head to the bathroom. When I come back I see Beverly at the counter and the boys being complete idiots and running out the door with supplies in there hands. I go up to Beverly and say, "thank you so much for the.." I hesitate for a second, "..the help" she winks and we both walk out to the alley together.

"Go get my Bifocals," I overhear Eddie say. "It's in my second fanny pack." "Why do you have two fanny packs?" Stanley asks. Bill comes out of the alley and sees Beverly and I walking up towards him. Bill goes up to us and pulls out a crumpled dollar bill from his pocket, "um, th-th-thanks" bev holds up a cigarette pack and smiles, "even steven" we all look over and see Ben. "Ben from soc?" The three of us walk over to him and Richie asks, "where were you y/n?" "Oh u-um, th-the b-bathroom." You stutter, great I'm turning into Bill. "If you say so,"

Richie and Eddie resume their bickering and Bev looks at the letter on Bens stomach, "are you ok? That looks like it hurts," she says kindly. "No I'm good, I just fell." "Yeah! right into Henry bowers." Richie comments. "R-r-richie!" Bills stutters, "What! It's the truth!" He defends himself. "You sure they got the right stuff to fix you up?" Beverly asks and Bens blushes and smiles. "W-w-we'll take c-care of him, thanks again Beverly." Bill says and looks at me for some reason. "Sure! Maybe I'll see you around," bev smiles and bills states "we w-w-were thinking about g-going to the q-q-quarry tomorrow if you m-maybe wanna c-come." "Good to know, thanks" she smiles and walks away.

As the boys bicker yet again I notice a red balloon floating across the street from the pharmacy. I shrug it off and are snapped back into reality when my idiot brother yells, "pip pip and tellio my good fellows! I do believe this chap requires our utmost attention!"
~~~~~~~
Richies my favorite loser, who's yours? Also when it's your POV it's gonna be in first person from now on.
~a

1075 words