Grillby's

“Maya?”

“Huh?”

“It is not my intention to be rude, but what exactly are you doing there?”

Maya looked up to see Grillby standing upside down in the doorway, confused look on his face (as far as she could tell, thanks to the flames) and an amused smile on his lips.

Well, technically he was standing normal and she was hanging upside down from the couch, watching him, but that was beside the point.

“I’m looking at life from a different angle.”

“That.. was horrible.”, he answered, the smile never leaving his face.
“But do mind me asking why exactly?”

“Cause it knocked me off my feet.”

Her arms were laying limply beside her head and she put her legs in the air, wiggling her feet to prove her point.

"I will leave you there if you keep those puns up."

But she still got a chuckle out of him.

So, immensely satisfied, Maya propped herself up on her elbows and looked at him with the best pout she could muster.

“I’m booooored, Grillby.”

She got a feeling he was raising an eyebrow at her childish behavior, but she couldn’t care less.

Maya was bored.

Very bored.

“You could always come to the front with me and sit at the bar?”

“I’ll just fall asleep again.”, the girl answered, pout still in place.

Honestly though, the idea wasn’t that bad.
At least she wouldn’t be sitting around on the couch anymore, watching some weird pink robot trying to bake a cake.

For some reason, that guy was the only thing on tv.
Ever.

He did all kinds of stuff and by now Maya was really annoyed by him.

There were so many different monsters down here. Why was none of them on the tv?

He called himself Mettaton and apparently he was the only star in the Underground.
Why was beyond Maya.

Sure, he had legs for days.

Yes, his hair looked incredibly soft.

And yeah, maybe his 'skin' was perfectly shiny without a single dirty patch and-

And she was not jealous of him, thank you very much.

Mettaton and his flirty, cocky self could stay wherever the hell it was he stayed.

Just when Maya was about to agree (even if it was only to get away from the tv), another thought crossed her head.

“What if someone sees me and tries to take my soul?”
Mayas voice was soft and she unconsciously put a hand on her chest.

Sighing softly, Grillby detached himself from the doorframe and walked over to her, sitting down on the couch beside her legs.

“Nobody will try to take your soul. Not here. I will give you my word. While your friend was right about this being a dangerous place for a human, I will personally see that no harm will befall you.”

Although his words did make her feel better, Maya couldn’t shake the sick feeling of dread. 

She looked up at him with a skeptical gaze. “What if they’re stronger than you?”