< She was a Giver >

NOT PROOFREAD 

"She had magic in her eyes, even the stars envied."

Avni and Dd were still sitting before the television in the same place where neil had left them earlier. 

Juhi and Sunehri also left for work, and Dd also insisted avni to call her sir and inform that she could not come for the project. Avni agreed and ringed her, sir, but he did not lift the call the first time.

Later, after a good half hour, she got a call back from her, sir. "Good morning, avni. Is something wrong?" he asked worriedly.

Avni smiled to herself. "A very good morning, sir. Everything is good. I just want to inform you that I could not make it today for the project. I am sorry!" 

"That's alright avni. Darshan ringed me up and narrated the whole story. So, you don't have to worry. Take your time to heal." Her professor added.

Avni grinned at his words. He is such a fantastic professor. Her sir helped her in many ways possible, and avni would be eternally grateful to him. The cancer project she was doing was because of him too. For the major project, they had to select a topic to work on. He is of food technology. But, avni wanted to research cell-based, so he asked his colleague to asses them, and he would help if needed. His friend was very kind and offered them a cancer project, which was Avni's dream. 

Cancer is such havoc creating disease. It was Avni's dream to cure it or better yet develop a less effect based treatment techniques. And, maybe even clinical equipment to identify different cancers as all of them don't have the prescribed types of equipment. We have to identify them in the last stage itself. Till then, it would too late for some cancers, and it ultimately can lead to death. 

"Thank you, sir! Have a good day." she wished and ended the call smiling.

"Wow, kiddo. Your professor is very cool, eh?" Dd asked, taking the last chip from his lays packet. 

"Oh, yes bro! He is one of a kind." avni winked and resumed eating her lays.

"Hmm, you are lucky kidoo. But.." he stopped in the middle getting her attention.

"But---? what continue."avni said irritated.

"But--" he said and grabbed the chips from her packet. 

"You did not just do that?" Avni screamed as loud as she could. 

Dd laughed. "Oh, but  did." 

"I am gonna strangle you, big bro," she said and was about to get up when she heard a voice.

"What the hell are you doing?" she heard him again. Avni cringed. she was not ready for another lesson. Jesus Christ, not again!

Avni glanced up at him to face the furious brown eyes that she adores. Oh, how beautiful they are. "I told you, not to get up. Not to put much stress on the wound. But, no you have to be your stubborn self na? What's wrong with you Avni?"

Avni was getting irritated now. She slowly glanced at Dd who was looking amused at them. "You want people to worry about you all the time, eh?" 

Avni snapped her face to him and scowled. "What are you even trying to achieve over here, neil? I am the one that fell. I am the one enduring pain and you are doing nothing except inflicting more pain. And, fr your information I never asked you to worry.

Neil was thrown aback to hear that. But, what he even expect after accusing her like that. He deserved it. But, he is just worried about her. He didn't want that wound to get infected or worse bigger than it already is. And, avni doing the stunts is not helping either. He glanced at Dd for some help.