Ch.3

Whoooo another chapter! lol enjoy >< I'm sorry for making my bbys suffer! I love them all but evil author is coming to the surface!

*Rin's pov*

My eyes slowly blink open and I quickly recognize my dorm room. How did I get here? The last thing I remember is fighting the demon and then passing out. Someone must have heard my yell.

Bon. That's right. Bon saved me.

I am vaguely aware of a dull ache in my side. I sit up with minor difficulty and pull the covers off. A bandage is wrapped around my wounded side.

I try to stand and wobble for a moment, gripping the nightstand and gritting my teeth.

"Yukio?" I call out, slightly unnerved at the silence.

I stand for a few moments in the silence, until I hear the door open.

"Rin?" he says, walking in carefully with two plates balanced in his hands.

I give him a small smile and sit back on my bed.

"Good, you're awake. I got you some food encase you woke up soon."

I take the plate from him, "Thanks, bro."

He sighs, sitting on his bed across from me, "How do you feel? Because you're demon body, your side should heal pretty fast."

"I feel ok. I'm pretty tired and my side kinda hurts. What happened? The last thing I remember is fighting the demon and then nothing. The next thing I know..." I have a panic attack, "...Bon saves me and then I pass out."

He doesn't need to be burdened by my stupid anxiety. It's not like he'll take it seriously anyway.

"That's close. Bon found you paralyzed because your injured side is where your seal was. You passed out soon after you got out of the illusion. I doubt you'll remember it."

I nod at the explanation.

I furrow my eyebrows at the look he gives me. Disappointment. 

"Rin, you need to be more careful next time." 

Oh, a lecture. Great. Just what I need.

"What if you had gotten seriously hurt, or Bon had gotten hurt saving you?" You're just a stupid burden to everyone! We'd all be better off without you!

Stupid monster!

Demon.

Worthless.

Useless.

Dangerous.

Burden.

Weak.

Killer.

"Rin! Are you even listening to me?" Yukio voice my mind from wandering on the last thought.

"oh- uh... yes!" I reply, trying to give him a reassuring, but very fake, smile. 

He scoffs, "Whatever. Rest today. I expect you back at school tomorrow."

With that thought, he leaves, going back to do whatever he was doing before food.

Food. I try to eat some of the food he brings me, but my appetite is lost quickly. I look at the door to make sure he doesn't come back and my thoughts continue to invade.

He's so disappointed in you, you can't do anything right!

Stupid, worthless piece of sh*t!