Chapter 1

Chapter 1

   Crack Baby

 Ms. Janice wanted all the girls to get ready for today's couple. Honestly being a room leader isn't easy. You have to deal with kids that defiantly don't see you as an authority so they'll constantly make fun of you for it. They're a few that'll actually take you seriously like Avery but there's always the ones that ruin it for everyone.

"Tambree everyone needs to be down here in 5!" She said and I nodded.

"Alright, guys we have 5 minutes to be in the common room so please hurry up," I said going over to the girls. Helping the younger ones put on the finishing bow or the last curl but, of course, Kayla and Isabella had to be the pain in my backside.

"Look I'm Tambree and I'm room leader so I can be special," Kayla said. I've learned to ignore them. I've been through a lot worse in all the foster homes I've been in before coming to the orphanage 4 years ago.

"You guys aren't funny can you just hurry so we can be on time," I said annoyed.

"I don't know why you're in such a rush why would anyone want to adopt a crack baby I know for a fact I wouldn't want to," Isabella said and I gave up. They're old enough to bring there own butts downstairs so I just brought everyone else down there

"Why do you just let them talk about you like that?" Avery asked.

"Because. One of my foster siblings once said bad things happen to bad people. Good things come to those who wait. Kayla and Isabella will get what's coming to them soon enough." I said and she nodded. 

"Tambree where are Kayla and Isabella?" Ms. Janice asked me and I pointed to the stairs.

"I told them to hurry up but they just kept mocking me," I said and she looked over at Ms. Kate who ran upstairs to grab them. Ms. Kate is the orphanage's counselor. A lot of us deal with a lot of PTSD and other mental illnesses so she's here to make sure we have an outlet to let things out.