☆ Twenty one ☆

The small boy walked into the pharmacy to pick up some supplies, he was only going to Richie's house for cuddles and somewhere safe to clean up. He picked up a few things that he could wipe his face with and a few bandaids. He pulled out his five dollars and placed it all on the desk, keeping his eyes down on the floor.

"Get beat up did ya loser?" Greta sneered over the counter whilst her father bagged his items. "Shut up Greta, this is nothing to do with you," his voice was harsh and he was angry. "Jeez, calm down. You're probably off to your boyfriend anyway. Like Henry said you would." She looked at her phone and popped her gum again. "There you go kaspbrak, say hi to your mother for me." Her father said handing him his bag.

He quickly left, through the door and around the corner on his way to Richie. He couldn't get it out of his head. Everybody saying him and Richie were so close... Eddie had always known he was different, he could feel it... But, he never knew what it was. He never liked the idea of kissing girls, he found that out once when playing spin the bottle at a party when he was about ten. However, when the idea of kissing Richie came to mind, he was all for it.

He'd never actually kissed that girl at the party, he had told them he needed the bathroom which he didn't really, but he wanted to get out of the situation. Richie hadn't been invited to it so Eddie left, he was bored without his friend there beside him. He'd go home and look at the stars, he always did that, every night before school... Richie had always compared him to stars in some poetic way, and Eddie loved it.

He carried on walking along the cobbled paths of Derry, checking where he was every few minutes. And then he arrived. A small shudder ran through his body as he stood at the door, he prayed Richie would be the one to answer...

"Name?" The door slipped open slightly, revealing a drunk man who poked his head through the gap. "Oh um, I'm Eddie Ka-" he was cut off. "Ugh, listen kid I'm not interested in Boy Scout cookies at the moment so sling your hook." Eddie stood in shock as the door slammed in his face, followed by muffled yelling and the door opening again.

"Eds? What happ-" Richie couldn't even finish his sentence before two arms were wrapped around his neck and Eddie's nose was buried in his shoulder. "Let's get you inside, I'll run you a bath and you can borrow some of my clothes, sound good?" Richie soothed, running his fingers through the small boys hair. He nodded and walked inside and quickly made his way to Richie's room.

The water burned at first, seeping through the cuts and scars on his body. He flinched but held it together. He let himself relax in the tub, the shower curtain pulled around him so Richie, who was sitting on the toilet talking to him, couldn't see. "So you're saying, she hit you with my Christmas lights?" He was shocked, who would do such a thing? "Yeah... I'll be fine, I brought some stuff with me, but I need to get out now, can you go for a sec?" He chuckled behind the curtain. "Oh of course, I'll leave the clothes here for you okay?" Eddie smiled and popped his head out. "Okay."

Eddie walked out dressed in Richie's black hoodie and a pair of sweatpants. The black-haired boy blushed a bit, "You look cute..." he whispered in awe. The smaller boy looked down at the ground and smiled. "You think?" He giggled. "Yeah... I do." Richie put his hands over his mouth. "I said all of that out loud... I forgot where I was..." Eddie smiled and sat down on the bed.

"Ouch, those look painful," Richie cringed when Eddie began wiping his arms and put bandaids on the cuts. "Y-yeah, they are..." he whimpered. He sat still for a moment, panicking slightly. "You okay?" The taller boy asked. "Some of them are um... under the hoodie and you know I'm..." Eddie's face went red. He didn't want it to be awkward. "I can't reach my back..." he said, embarrassed. Richie looked at him, "So you want me to help?" He asked him. The small boy nodded and smiled a bit. "My pleasure," Richie helped Eddie take the hoodie off and began wiping.

"How do I apply this again?" He chuckled. "Just stick it on the cut, idiot..." Eddie giggled. He stuck it on and put his chin on Eddie's shoulder. "What?" He laughed. "Oh nothing... i was just thinking of how pretty you are..." Richie smiled and planted a small kiss on Eddie's cheek. He put the hoodie back on and lay down next to Richie, putting his arms around his torso and sinking his face into his chest. "You're pretty too, Tozier..."