Prologue- Backstory

Extraordinarily beautiful, a prodigy and jewel are what anyone would call her, as she is now.

    Even at the moment, she was born her unique features captured the eyes of those around her. Although, the only person around her was her mother a very sad woman. Born in the slums of Europe to a Japanese woman did not flatter her situation. But, even so, her mother felt hope in the child that may bring her salvation and named the girl Asuka. The meaning of tomorrow, a better day for the future. 

"Asuka, you alone can never leave my side," The woman whispered into the infant's ears as she held the child close as possible to keep warm. The slums were dark and cramped with people who had no food and nowhere else to go. People like them were outcasted from society. Asuka grew up through the years not knowing who her father was and who she was apart from her mother. The two were inseparable, Asuka would collect scraps of food for dinner while her mother, turned a trick to keep a steady income. This way, they could live fully in dire situations. 

That is until Asuka hit the tender age of 10, puberty allowed her to join her mother's line of work. She and her mother were the customer's favourites and popular amongst everyone. They often had 20 to 30 customers a day for a small job or a big job. The one thing to enjoy about Asuka was her lack of emotions. One night although, Asuka received a request from a strange man he had burgundy hair and told her his name Saiba Joichirou.

    "Hey, I'm not here for anything like that. I just want you to try some of this food," He said after offering her a shower, new clothes and a table to sit at. The man was fascinating on his own, as she watched him cook up the greatest meal she had ever tasted.

"Hahaha, by the looks of it you like it don't you.........Still, you really take after him," The sentence he said piqued her interest as she looked up.

"Oh, are you curious? From this angle, you remind me of my son" Saiba said patting the girl on her head.

"Fa-ther?" This was strange to the ten-year-old after all, her mother always said that her father was a bastard's son who whispered lies to her. She said he used the fact that they were both children of prostitutes to gain her trust, only later to leave without a trace. Even her customers said that her father is now prospering on his own without the knowledge that he even had a daughter. This made her dislike the idea of having a father and yet, this man made her feel warmth inside.

"I bet you can do it girly. After all, you have some unique looks with ya as well," Saiba said, taking the finished plates away from her.

Asuka didn't know how to respond. Her eyes and hair colour were unique to many customers and a reason for her growing popularity. Although, many of the others see her as a freak with disgusting features.

"I don't know you sir as I don't know my father. But, why are you so kind to me," She asked in confusion.

"Hahaha, Your one amusing kid. You talk like an adult, but to think your only ten.............how about this, come with me." Saiba smirked.

"What?! " Asuka asked.

"I can teach you how to live," Saiba said seriously. The thought was tempting, but Asuka couldn't possibly leave her mother for a complete stranger. So she slapped his hand away and began to leave. He was a nice customer for once, but he spoke of things she couldn't comprehend. 

"Ridiculous, I'm already living as I am now. I'll take your food as payment though," With that, the girl turned left with some food for her mother. If this food could make her feel warm inside maybe it can help her mother's recent mood. Although, how could she had even considered breaking a promise with her mother? It is true, the way they live is not healthy in anyone's standards, turning a trick in order to gain proper income.