Chapter 2

"He is going to try to play with you. He will probably low ball you too." Tamera said. "Don't let any of that shit distract you. Don't let those numbers distract you."

"Then what do I say when he offers something?"

Audrey fiddled with the strap of her purse that clung to her slouched shoulders. She looked exhausted. The pain her husband created caused alot of physical and emotional damage.

"Do you trust me?"

"Y-yeah." Audrey nodded.

"Good." Tamera smiled. "Then let me handle it."

The two stepped into the building. Reaching the third floor conference center, she wasn't surprised to see Mr. Middleton centered between two of his lawyers.

He had hired some of the top lawyers. Financial security would give anyone that type of leverage.

"Goodmorning." Tamera gestured for her client to have a seat.

Audrey appeared nervous. Her eyes were unfocused, and the mere thought of her looking at her ex-husband made her willow away.

"Goodmorning, Audrey." Mr. Middleton said, watching as his ex-wife began to fold right in front of him.

Noticing, Tamera interjected.

"Should we begin?"

"Of course." Roger, one of his two lawyers, responded. "Well Mr. Middleton want to offer his wife the home that they share in Miami, as well as three hundred thousand dollars. He wants partial custody of the children. And for a little extra, he wants her to keep the ring."

"Hm." Tamera looked at her client. "That deal seems interesting."

Mr. Middleton and his lawyers grinned; assuming the meeting would be over quite sooner than they thought.

"But I have a better idea." She said. "First, Mrs. Middleton agrees with co-parenting. She would never want to strip him away from his children. Second, she would love to return the ring. She prefers to rid herself of past memories."

Mr. Middleton frowned.

"She would also prefer to keep her last name. It has been her name for so long." Tamera looked at Audrey. "Also, even though three hundred thousand sounds fun, we are pushing for something a little higher. Say.....$1.2 million."

Audrey looked at her with wide eyes.

"That's ridiculous." Mr. Middleton spat before his lawyers ceased him.

"Let's not pretend you are not worth more."

"$1.2 Million? That's my money. Mine."

"Which you have gained while you two were married." Tamera claimed. "Correct?"

"Hold on. That's ridiculous-"

"Mr. Middleton." Roger stopped him before he turned his attention to Tamera. "We think three hundred thousand is more then generous."

"Ms. Middleton has been his wife for over 25 years. She has catered to this man. I believe she deserves everything." Tamera noted.

"That will never happen." Mr. Middleton said with confidence.

He was not aware of the information that Tamera had tucked under her sleeve.

"1 million. And you can keep the home in Miami. Not only does she despise the climate there, she also believes the home carries too many memories of her ex-husband's infidelities."

"That's bulshit!" He leaped to his feet in a rage.

"Mr. Middleton." Roger said. "Sit."

"I will not have them slander my damn name. They are lying."

"Lying?" Tamera snickered before she reached for her tablet.

"Mr. Middleton, were you aware of the in-home camera system that was installed a few months prior to your separation."

"Camera system?"

"Your wife had camera systems installed in all three of the estates you both shared to decrease any theft and break-ins while you two were away."

Tamera pulled up the video that was provided by her client before she revealed the very graphic video to Mr. Middleton.

They watched his eyes widden. Seeing himself on camera was enough to leave him speechless. Cameras he were not aware of.

"W-what? No. That's illegal." He turned to his lawyers. "Right? Right?!"

"Mrs. Middleton's name was on all documents involving the homes so there were no illegal activity present." Tamera stated. "Please clarify for me, this woman on this video is not your wife, correct?"

Mr. Middleton swallowed the lump that was lodged in his throat.

"She actually looks familiar to me, though. You know, the female in the video." Tamera claimed. "She resembles a woman by the name of Marianne Gostov."

Roger looked at Mr. Middleton with a very intense glare. Tamera was certain his lawyers were familiar with the name. Alot of people had grown familiar with the name.

"Correct me if I'm wrong. Is that the wife of Johnathan Gostov? The infamous crime boss who lives in Miami."

Tamera was pushing, and by the looks on their faces, she was winning.

"Can we have a short moment." Roger asked and Tamera obliged.

After a small break, Tamera and Audrey returned to the table, where they waited for the final word. She was almost certain that Mr. Middleton was not ready to take this to court. Especially with the information they had on him.

"Mr. Middleton has an offer." For the first time, Mr. Middleton could not face his ex-wife. "1.5 million. Instead of the Miami home, he wants to offer the home in Atlanta. Partial custody of the kids and she can keep her last name. In return, we need that video to disappear. Do we agree with that?"

Tamera turned to Audrey for clarification. Flabbergasted, she nodded.

"Agreed." Tamera grinned.

*****