Chapter Twenty Three

In the library:-

*The library is almost abandoned by this time. Abhi and Vaish are sitting on a desk doing their assignment. Even the librarian seems to have gone somewhere. Abhi could see a lock of Vaish's hair falling over her long eyelids, and she would brush it off loosely with one hand and again concentrate on her work. The air seemed to be blowing slowly but it was becoming increasingly difficult for Abhi to concentrate with that lock of hair disturbing his view.*

Abhi- Vaish?

Vaish- Hmm.

Abhi- Tum log itna long hair rakhti ho, tum logo ko problem nahi hota?

Vais-*she suddenly looks up at his weird question and gives an amused chuckle* Abhi, hume yeh assignment pura karna hai aur tum mere hair ke baare mein soch rahe ho?

Abhi- Woh mujhe pata hai, par pehle tum batao.

Vaish- Haan, it can be difficult sometimes but I love my hair.

Abhi- Me too.

Vaish- Kya?

Abhi- I mean, I love my hair too.

Vaish- Oh.

*Vaish again goes deep into her work and Abhi reluctantly looks back at his*

Abhi - Vaish, yeh wala problem kaise solve karna hai?

Vaish- Kaunsa?

*Vaish moves to the seat beside Abhi from the seat in front of his to get a better look at the problem*

Vaish- Yeh wala toh bohat simple hai, isee aise karte hain.

*Abhi looks at Vaish as she continues to explain him the sum, the wind had started to blow again and that lock was back disturbing her eyes. Before he could comprehend what he was doing he swiftly took the lock and pinned it properly behind Vaish's ears. Vaish looked up at Abhi at his sudden handwork*

Abhi- Woh, yeh tumhe pareshan kar raha tha toh main..... agar tumhe bura laga ho toh...

*Vaish looks at him and gives him a smile which could have his organs melting inside him. While on the other side it was Vaish who was thinking how much cuter this boy could get. *

Vaish-*with a slight blush* Thanks.

Abhi- Huh?

Vaish- Maine kaha thanks. Par ab concentrate kare?

Abhi- Oh yeah.

*Abhi looked back at his work while Vaish explained him, but both of them were ignorant of the two faces watching the two of them from behind the shelf*

Behind the shelf:-

Ash- Sid, mujhe nahi lagta ki hume yaha hona chahiye. Un dono ko agar pata chala toh...

Sid- Pata chal toh nahi raha, waise bhi, what they don't know can't hurt them right?

Ash- If you insist. Waise yeh dono kaafi cute lagte hain...

Sid- Haan yaar.

*They continue watching the both of them, but suddenly they are interrupted by a voice*

Voice- Ahem.

*They turn around to come face to face with the person who in turn was watching them*

Sid- Ta..tara, tu yaha?

Tara- Main toh yehi par thi, par aap dono kya kar rahe ho?

Sid- Woh hum toh bas..

*Tara walks over to where they were standing to see Abhi and Vaish sitting together, realisation dawns on her face.*