Summer begins

"Do you see him I don't see him."
Monse panicked as she looked around for Cesar.

The 5 of them went to watch a high school party. They were standing on a milk crates so they can see over the wall into the party. Isabel was standing on two due to her height.

While Cesar went to get drinks while Monse, Jamal, Izzy and Ruby were watching high schoolers make out, drink, and do other weird stuff.

"Something bad is happening, I can feel it, I knew this was a bad idea," Jamal said as he panicked. Izzy rolled her eyes.

"Pop a zannie J," Ruby said annoyed, "we can't see him cause he's being stealth."

"No doubt. He's got this. When has Cesar ever disappointed?" Monse asked reassuring herself and Jamal.

"Mmm, fourth grade, kickball tourney. We lost." Izzy said honestly as she watched Ruby's brother Mario make out with his girlfriend in disgust.

"Only cause I picked the kid with no skills," Someone said from behind. The four of them turned around and saw Cesar carrying five bottles. He threw everyone but Izzy a beer and then handed Izzy a coke, "loyalty trumps victory compa."

"Hey where's my beer?" Izzy asked as Cesar stood in between her and Monse. He looked at her and smiled.

"Your too young." He said as he patted her head. Izzy mouth dropped and she glared at him as she opened her coke.

"Take it in," Cesar said looking at the party, "this is about to be us. This is high school."

They all took a drink of their beer while Izzy took a drink of her coke. Everyone but her made a weird face due to how gross the beer tasted. Izzy smirked.

"Bet you want my coke now huh," She said as she took another sip of her coke. Cesar and Monse rolled their eyes at her, "Ruby, you think your brother's gonna marry Angelica?" Izzy asked watching the couple.

"No idea. Mario tells me jack." Ruby said.

"What about that time he said Angelica has a dangler?" Jamal chuckled which made everyone else chuckle, except for Ruby who sighed, "but he said that." Jamal said to him.

"In private!" Ruby exclaimed, "time and place dude! Oh guys check out Huerita at nine o'clock." He said looking at blonde who was dance.

Izzy scoffed quietly. She always had a small crush for the boy but she never really did anything about. She was afraid it would mess up not only their friendship but the entire groups. Cesar nudged Izzy hearing her scoff. She looked at him as he wiggled his eyebrows. She rolled his eyes at him as he chuckled.

Cesar is the only one who knows about her crush. She's always been closer to him than anyone else in the group. Well she's also close to Ruby but for obvious reasons she won't tell him her crush.

"Monse, Izzy, if you were girls," Ruby started to say as he was cut of by the two girls.

"We are girls." Monse and Izzy said.

"Yeah but if you guys were and girl like that, would you wear underwear?" He asked still staring at the girl.

"Oh, my god, I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die. I'm gonna die." Jamal started to panic.

"Why you gonna die?" Monse asked.

"Those guys play for the 'Ridge. Did you know that last year alone over a quorum of kids," Jamal started to say.

"Died playing football?" Izzy finished his sentence looking over at the tall boy. "You're stuck on repeat mi amigo. Don't play." She suggested as she pushed up her glasses that were sliding down her nose.