Introduction

Whispers.

"Who's that?"

More whispers.

"She might kill us."

And then some yelling.

"WHAT ON EARTH ARE YOU DOING, HALOWICH?!" The guard in question was dozing off lightly in a corner, jolted awake. Oh wait what I yeah I'm up what uhh do you need something am I in trouble oh my

The girl looked up, through the window and saw the friendly face of Seraphina Picquery. She smiled at the woman. She smiled softly back.

Dumbledore paced around the room. Nagini stood awkwardly in a corner, Jacob staring out the window, Tina was looking at her feet, a tear dripping down her face, and Newt... Newt was looking at Tina. Obviously. She was sad and Newt was sad and everyone was sad. Not surprisingly, considering a whole bunch of loved ones were lost to Grindelwald. Newt grit his teeth. Idiotic Grindelwald. Definitely hasn't helped anyone.

"Dumbledore?" Everyone looked up at him, and honestly Newt felt as if he probably shouldn't have said anything, but Dumbledore smiled at him. "When are we going to fight back? And..." his voice faltered. "And get Queenie and Credence back?"

Tina looked expectantly up at both Newt and Dumbledore and Newt focused his view back on Tina's feet.

"I'm sorry, Newt. We cannot move against Grindelwald just yet, while I haven't been able to destroy the blood pact. But I have a task for you, Newt." He looked at him, the tiniest trace of hope dancing in his eyes. "There's a girl, being held in Rio de Janeiro, in the Ministry there. Madam President is there, watching over her. She's the key you need." He looked at everyone else. "Take Miss Goldstein and everyone else, there's a safe house there for you." He paused. "Good luck, Newt." He glanced over to Tina. "And Miss Goldstein, too."

For the first time, Newt had hope. Maybe, at the end of all this, they could get Queenie and Credence back and live like a family. Their own family. And everyone would be happy again. He and Tina looked at each other. They could be free.

Sorry if it's a bit short but I wrote this all a while ago. Anyway on with the show!

-meow