Chapter 1

Eddie's pov.

I'm woken up once again my my mom yelling, I try and bury my head in the pillows. It's Monday, again. And I don't wanna go to school.
"Eddie bear! It's time to get up for school, sweetie!" She yells, clamoring into my room.

"Okay, momma." I say, rubbing my eyes.
"Okay, sweetie, I left your pills on your bedside table." She says, walking out and shutting the door. I rub my eyes, sit up, gulp down the pills and go to my closet to get ready. I grab a shortsleeved, pink button up and my red shorts. Lastly I get out my fannypack, put my pills, my inhaler and some first aid supplies in it, and strap it on.

I head to the bathroom and neatly comb out my hair. I pull on my knee socks, and converse, and head downstairs.
"Hey Momma," I say sitting down, as she puts breakfast down on the table.
"Hey Eddie bear, are you ready for school?"
"Yes mom." I say, and start eating.

"You took all your pills, right?" She asks me.
"Yes. Took em when I woke up." I say, "Mom, I have to go, I'm gonna be late, me and Bill are walking together." I say to her, grabbing my backpack. Bill's one of my best friends. He has been for as long as I can remember.

We're a small friend group, Bill, Ben, Mike, Stan, Bev, and I. We call ourselves the losers club. And I wouldn't trade them for anything. They're the best friends a kid can have.

"Okay, sweetie, have fun at school!" She calls after me as I walk out. Fun?? At school??? No way. I start walking towards Bill's house, we'll meet up there and walk to school. Out of the corner of my eye, I see the Bowers gang. I quickly look down and start walking faster.

They've always scared me. They haven't really messed with me or my friends since we were like 13. So I don't have to worry about that, but one Bowers gang member always seemed nicer than the others. He kinda stuck out. He never really joined in on the horrible things they did. Richie Tozier.

Richie Tozier was hard to describe. He hung out with the bad guys, but was softer. He never really picked on anyone, he kinda just stood back. Unless his friends were hurting someone, he either told them to back off, or he somehow wasn't there. Richie was beautiful. He had curly, raven colored hair, and wore these huge glasses. They almost made him look stupid. He had pretty freckles, that were scattered around his face perfectly.

I tried to keep walking, when I heard a voice call out my name. It was Richie's.
"Hey! Eddie, is it?" He calls. I slow down my pace a bit and gulp, before I look up at him.
It wasn't till now that I realized he was at least 5 inches taller than me.

"Um y-yeah." I say, looking up at him. He just smiles.
"I'm Richie!" He says, "I've seen you around here before. You always come this way?"

"Um, my friend, B-Bill lives that way." I say pointing toward where I'm heading. I look behind Richie to see his friends scowling. I jump a little, then settle back down.

"Ah, the Bill that's always stuttering, is it?" He asks.
"U-uhm. Yeah, I should get going." I say, as I keep walking. But he just walks with me.

"I'd love to say hello to Bill." He says, and I can't help but shiver a bit, thinking of the Bowers gang and what Henry, Vic, Belch, and Patrick used to do. "Woah, don't worry, Eds. I'm not gonna hurt you."

"Don't call me Eds." I say.
"Why not? I like it. Come on, Eddie Spaghetti, loosen up a bit." He says.
"Don't call me that either." I say, looking down as I speed up the pace.
"Woah, calm down Eddie" he says, catching up to me.

"I'm not supposed to hang around with people like you and them." I say.
"That's what I wanted to talk to you about." He says, huh, what does he mean? "I'm sorry for how Henry and the guys used to treat you and your friends" he says.

"Oh. Um yeah, okay." I say.
"Eddie I'm serious." He says. I keep telling myself, just keep my head down until I get to Bill's.
"Mhm" I mutter.

"Eddie, are you even listening?" He says, he sounds aggravated. Shit.
"Yeah" I say, jogging ahead.
"Eddie!" Richie yells at me and he grabs my wrist, I stop, and look back at him.
"Let go of me." I say, tears forming in my eyes. I see a look of guilt fill Richie's expression.

"I'm sorry" He says looking down.
"No, no, no no. You didn't do anything wrong, I'm sorry." I say and look at him. Oh my god, his eyes are gorgeous, chocolate brown. You see, I'm gay, but Im not out yet. My mom would kill me if she found out. Only the losers know. I don't know what it is about Richie that draws me in, but it's there.

"You were only trying to apologize, I'm just a little scared still, of you and your friends." I say. He looks down at me, and speaks again.

"I'm sorry, Eddie, I never thought it was cool. I always told them to stop. Know that I wasn't part of it." He says. I'm so confused, he's never really spoken to me before, so why does he care so much what I think?

"Why do you care so much what I think?" I ask him. "You've never even spoken to me, really, but now you care so much. Why?"

"I don't really know, I don't want you to think I'm one of the bad guys." He says, shrugging.
"Well, I dont think you're that bad." I shrug, as I look down and keep walking to Bill's house. Richie grabs my wrist again.

"What is your issue?" I ask, turning back around to face him.
"I'm not that bad???" He asks.
"Well, yeah, you could be better but you're not bad. Now let go of me." I say. Suddenly I hear a voice behind me.

"L-l-lay off T-T-Tozier. Let g-go of hi-him!" I hear Bill yell, running down his front steps.
"Bill, it's okay." I say, as Richie lets go of my wrist. "It isn't what you think." I say.
"T-then what i-is it?" He says, looking at me.

"Richie was just apologizing to me." I say. And Bill gives me the face that he doesn't believe me.
"Honestly, Bill, he's been friendly." I say.
"Honestly, I don't even wanna be friends with the Bowers gang." Richie says.

"Then why are you?" I ask.
"I've always been bad at making friends, I was friends with Henry when we were younger and I just always stuck." He says. Oh I feel bad for him.

"O-oh t-that s-su-sucks." Bill says.
"You can walk with us if you want?" I say. "As long as Henry doesn't beat my ass." I laugh.
"Yeah, sounds fun!" Richie says. And with that, me, Richie, and Bill head to school.

(A/n: So it's kinda short but I think it's a decent start.)