Sacrifices

I've always wondered if my happiness came with a price.Life seems to always steal something from me;whether my smile or my happiness. It's rare for someone to fall out of love and to find love in someone else here and I've been wondering if I even did love my first love at all.
   Living in a world where you are ruled by your mind but not your heart brings only the rulers of this god forsaken world joy. They toy with your emotions and sit and watch their creations crumble under the pressure,and eventually we either give up and die lonely or we fight and be captive in our own thoughts for decades in a frozen chamber until they decide to let us go.
I was once a captive of that chamber, not loving the mate they had selected for me but finding a new love without his knowledge, as he was in fact one of the creators of this world, he's not entitled to love nor does he have a significant other, but the love I had for him without his knowledge was the death of me. I was doomed that night that cold summer night where I realize that I wasn't in love with the one they called my soul mate.
   I sealed my faith when I broke off our engagement and ran away from the life we were to live.Each creation had a set of dreams and goals forged in their brains, that's how they kept track of us. I however like other rebels found a way to unlock and destroy their plans.
   As I fought to break free from the guards all I could see was the face of the man I thought I had loved, the man I thought would save me from all of this but only for him to rip my heart out and allow them to freeze me until a decision was made.
-SJ