Chapter 62

"Stealing a ship isn't an easy process." I said flatly yelling over the loud winds.

"Stealing your own ship?" He asked sounding confused.

"Do you think Kylo Ren would really approve of us leaving The First Order alone?" I said. "Do you really think they would surrender like this?"

"You ran away?" He asked. I nodded slowly, we really didn't, but we had to try and keep a solid story. We were supposed to be spying for The First Order and giving him the impression we ran away, but really we were surrendering two of our strongest assets in one last assassination attempt. "Well, I will say, I didn't see that coming."

"That was the point." I said coldly. I hated the man that stood in front of me and I couldn't help, but glare. I wanted to send my lightsaber through his chest but I couldn't. I had to keep my composure.

"Well, It's going to get late soon. I should show you two to your room. We have a lot to catch up on." He said gesturing is inside.

We slowly walked forward keeping very close to one another. Luke walked ahead of us and into the Senate building and it was another throwback. I got the same feeling as when I went into the Imperial Star Destroyer.

This place held so much history, back in the days of the Republic. This entire planet was where my parents orchestrated everything that brought down the Empire. I wanted to look around and take it all in, but I knew I couldn't. I had to keep a clear mind and stay focused on the mission.

"This planet was abandoned after the war, I thought Coruscant had been destroyed. When we realized it wasn't, we quietly set up camp here. They had so much untapped information and maps that lead all over the galaxy." Luke said as we walked through the halls. The halls were dimly lit and very dusty, but despite the lack of cleaning this place had seen it was still beautiful. The carpets and walls looked beautifully designed and the art in the halls were so old fashioned. "That's what brought us all those ships and pilots. It wasn't easy, but it's a glorious army, I hope you two can feel safe here."

"We'll see." I said sharply.

"You turned yourself in, but why do I feel as though you don't want to be here?" He asked

"I'm not sure who I trust yet." I said angrily. I didn't want to make it seem like I wanted to be here because it wouldn't have been believable.

"I trust once you see what I can give back to you, you'll change your mind." He said and just stood coldly. He sighed and turned around to face us. "Your room is through this door, I'll give you both the evening to rest, I'm sure the flight was long."

I nodded and entered the room with Apollo closely behind.

"There's call buttons just outside the door if you need anything." He said and we both turned around. "We have much to begin in the morning, get good rest."

I nodded once again and the door closed behind us. I turned to Apollo and we both looked at each other uncomfortably. I took a heavy sigh and examined the room. There was a small counter where I could see food and other kitchen materials. I frankly was starving, but I couldn't eat until I was much calmer.

I saw the couch and window on the other side of the room. I walked up to it and looked out and a few ships went by, but the city looked dead compared to what I was back in the days of the Republic. It used to be the center of the galaxy, any one who was anyone wanted to see this place. Now it was just an empty junk yard. You could only see it's once beautiful glory underneath the aging it has all seen over the last several decades.

I walked away and pushed a door open and it revealed a bedroom with a single bed. I walked further in and could see an old wardrobe. I pushed open another door and I was brought to a bathroom. I could see a shower and cabinets and another door. I opened the door and was met with Apollo in a similar room to the one I was just in. I took a heavy sigh and walked back to the first room I found. I laid down on the bed and tried to relax.