Chapter 9: The Final Battle

Taking a shortcut through the vents the bat clan found themselves in the engine room.

"We've got find the dignitaries and evacuate them." Batwoman said as they walked across the bridge.

"What about father?" Robin questioned.

"Our first priority is getting those people out." Nightwing stated.

"Not mine." The boy wonder replied.

And as they were coming near the exit, they were ambushed by Firefly and most of the bat clan managed to duck except for Batwing which ended up with him getting tackled through the door on the side of the bridge they just came from

Taking out a bomb he threw it him and while Batwing managed to dodge it, it did end up with the bomb destroying some of the glass.

Taking out his flamethrower Firefly tried to scorch Batwing, but the hero just took flight and flew through the broken window with the C-lister villain on his tail.

Meanwhile with the others got up and looked to see that

"We don't have the time for this, children. Join us or die." Talia announced.

Red grits her teeth in anger at the amount of insolence this woman had to make such a statement not only towards her but to Robin has well.

But she slightly calms down when she sees Bruce. "Father." Robin muttered.

Smirking Talia got into a defensive pose but instead of advancing Batman was the first to strike by jumping over Nightwing and kicking Batwoman into Tusk's arms who hooked his arms under hers so he could hold her still.

But the female bat just headed button him and slipped out his hold and while he was dazed Robin grabbed him by his tusk to bring him closer to the floor and then used all of his strength to push him back which resulted in both of them going off the ramp and onto another one that lead deeper to the fans.

"Robin." Red said when she saw that the boy wonder was hanging onto the ledge but before she could do anything Persephone slammed her glaive into the ledge missing her by a few inches and used what momentum she had left to lift herself off the floor and kick the huntress in the stomach hard enough that it sent her flying through the door that lead where Batwing and Firefly went through a moments ago.

Speaking of the winged hero, right now he was evading every attack Firefly through at him and as he was flying, he as saw a big metal pole and got an idea.

Changing course, he flies up and around the pole with Firefly hot on his tail and once he was near the top, he grabbed the pole and swigged towards the villain and kicked him away.

And instead of letting go he held on tight and placed his feet on the table to stead himself as he shoots plasma batarangs at him.

Seeing that he was nearing the edge of the aircraft Firefly acted quickly and shot a fire ball at the hero.

Who just dodged it and kept on shoot at him, activating his jet pack Firefly flew over him and tried to get the upper hand again but Batwing was fasted and shot a plasma batarang at his flamethrower, which exploded.

Unfortunately, this explosion resulted in not only his weapon getting destroyed but one of his wings as well.

And without one of his wings he was erratically flying backwards and tried to regain what little control he could, but he flew a little too close to the jets and got sucked in.

Which exploded the jet and killed him instantly.

"That can't be could." He said stating the obvious.