: ̗̀➛ 02. | warm

───────────────────────

───────────────────────┆       ┆        ┆       ┆⋆┆       ┆        ┆જ    ✾┆    ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ °             ┆彡                                                       ❀

┆ ┆ ┆ ┆⋆
┆ ┆ ┆જ ✾
┆ ° ♡ • ➵ ✩ ◛ °
┆彡

THE SUN WAS SHINING IN A GOLDEN HUE. colouring the land in rich, warm tones that made plant life glow with elegance and tranquillity. a fog hung across the blades of grass, dampening the gravel walkway that laid on the soil, nourishment the flowers that swayed with the morning breeze.

    it's been a few days since the taller male received the small note. he wondered who gave the small piece of paper, but his mind went back to the [H/C]nette. the way they smiled so brightly, nose slightly scrunching, the way their silky hair framed their face —

     his face lightly flushed, making him hide his blood rush with the end of his black turtleneck while scolding himself for thinking such notion.

   his bi-coloured eyes observed his surroundings, taking in the natural beauty that seemed to allure any vision to stop and cherish the simplistic scenery day by day.

    though, other people seem to look at it as detritus and just destroy it in malicious ways which angers others. why would people do this? what's the purpose of destroying it if its gonna bite back like karma after a few years anyway?

    thoughts like these eat your brain for weeks.

    all of these stray thoughts ran through the bi-coloured males conscious before they dispersed as he heard a meow beside him. he turned his head, his bi-coloured eyes locking on a pair of electric blue-coloured ones.

meow

a calico cat was perched up on top of a cement railing that was surrounding a few cherry blossom trees, its tail flicking slightly as it licked its paw.

todoroki looked around him, seeing that there was no one around — except a few people that were jogging and quietly conversing in the early morning.

he crouched down. his hand reached towards the feline, cautiously placing his fingers closely on the cat's vision, letting it sniff his fingers before it rubbed its face on his warm palm. soft purrs of delight emitting from its chest.

a slight smile made its way on his plump lips as he affectionately pets the feline's ears, making the various coloured cat let out a cheerful meow.

    todoroki's eyes landed on the collar that the cat was wearing, he tilted his head as his fingers grabbed the tag and turned it towards his vision, seeing a name and phone number embedded into the piece of metal.

__________
SAPPHIRE
xxx-xxx-xxx
__________

    sapphire? i've never heard a cat called such a name before — but it explains the colour of their eyes.

    the feline — now known as sapphire — jumped on the peppermint-haired male's lap, immediately curling up into his free hand while the other was holding his phone.

    a small huff of amusement escaped his lips. he shook his head before dialing in the numbers on the keyboard. although, he stopped his thumb from touching the call button. his heart tugged in anxiety as his mind raced. what if the owner doesn't want them anymore? are they looking this sweet feline at this moment? how long has sapphire been in the city? are they well nutrition or well kept?

    phone calls are such a pain...

    he sighed, giving into the conclusion to call the owner because it's the right thing to do. he pressed the call button and patiently waited as the phone rung.

    RING...

    RING...

    RING...

    RI

    CLICK!

    hello?

    the bi-coloured haired male took in a small breath in. "yes, is this the owner of a calico cat called sapphire?"

   yes! oh my god, how is he? is he okay? i've been looking for him for the past few days!

    todoroki glanced down at the small bundle of fur on his lap that was purring in delight at the soft scratches that the feline was receiving. "he's doing just fine. he's not injured or anything of the sorts. i stumbled upon him in my morning walk."

    he could hear a sigh of relief from the other line.

    thank god he's alright. is there someplace that we could meet for me to pick him up?

     a location came in mind, his lips moved before thinking. "does meeting up in front of querencia café sound alright?"

   oh, i work there actually! i'll pick him up before my shift! how about meet up there in fifteen minutes?

    he nodded even though the person on the other line couldn't see it. "sure."

    thank you so much — oh wait — i didn't catch your name!

    the bi-coloured haired male slightly nibbled his lip. "todoroki. and yours?"

    [Y/N]!

───────────────────────