After Marriage

"Anne Shirley Cuthbert Blythe.  It's quite a
long name, don't you think, Gilbert?"
"I suppose, but I don't think you could ever get rid of one."
"And why is that? Do you think me to be indecisive?"
"Not particularly. I just know that each of those names is a part of who you are."
"True . . ."
"Well, you have the name Anne because Ann was just too few of letters to contain all the whimsical joy that is you."
"And, Shirley, that is the name of how you got here. Two people, that I, for one, am very grateful for, loved each other enough to want a child. A beautiful child that perfectly mingled their faces to be one. They loved you infinity, I'm sure. Because how could anyone not? I know if they could meet you today, they would be SO proud of the brilliant woman that you've become.
"And then, of course, there is Cuthbert. You are a Cuthbert because, while Matthew and Marilla did not expect you, they very quickly found out that they couldn't live without you. They saw how extraordinary you were, well, you ARE.
"And finally, Blythe. A name that I still have a hard time believing that I get to share with you. A name that means we are one and we are equals in life and in love.
"Anne Shirley Cuthbert Blythe. You, who finds beauty where others would not. Who's thirst for learning will never be quenched. Who's level of intelligence and passion for what she believes in is so profound I can only dream of reaching it. No, I don't think you could get rid of any of your names. That would be like getting rid of a part of you and I love every little bit of you. My beautiful, incredible Anne with an E."