Chapter 10

Deva still couldn’t believe she kissed Adamarius, the guy she looked at like an enemy. Why did she have to like it so much? The feel of his touch and the way his warm body possessed her was so intoxicating it made her head hurt just thinking about it.

She knew she had to keep it on a low profile for a while. Just the other day she was ready to kill him and now the only things running in her head are the way his lips caressed hers. She knew something was definitely wrong with her but why fight it when it was getting too hard to push back.

She shut her book in frustration because she just couldn’t concentrate on the words anymore.

“Someone’s in a bad mood,” his deep satin voice came from the open door.

Adamarius’ broad smile was toying with her and she decided to bite back.

“What are you doing out this late? Did someone leave your cage open again?”

His alluring grin turned into a chuckle as he moved in front of her and bent down to have his face just two inches away from hers. His spearmint breath tickled her face and it was extremely inviting.

“You’re like a cup of sunshine; you know that.” His words were laced with sarcasm and she wanted to laugh.

Yeah she knew she was mean, what else was new.

“I just want to drink you all up.” He teased leaning in to steal a kiss from her pink lips.

She reacted instantly by pushing him away even though she was dying to get a better taste of him.

“Not here,” she didn’t want anyone to find out about them yet.

He quietly groaned before standing straight again. He watched as Deva’s wondrous eyes moved to the window. She was staring out but he could tell that her mind was somewhere else.

Adamarius took her hand and swiftly tugged her up off the small couch.

“What are you doing?”

“Kidnapping you,” he responded by pulling her towards the door even though she was resisting.

“What? Why?”

“Because I want to. Now are you going to be dragging your feet the whole time?”

“Maybe,” she stopped and used all her force to bring him to a halt. Adamarius cursed her stubbornness. Couldn’t she cooperate just this one time?

Instead of arguing with her Adamarius simply threw her petite body over his shoulder like she was a potato sack.

She squirmed and smacked his back a few times. “Marius put me down. I have perfectly working legs.”

He neared the door and stopped. “Do you promise to cooperate?”

“No,” she scuffed. Why should she after what he was doing do her?

He lightly smacked her bottom with the palm of his hand. She fumed while he enjoyed every second of her reaction.

“Fine, fine I’ll do whatever you want.” She scuffed; satisfied he actually listened to her.

Adamarius put her down and she didn’t even notice they weren’t in her room anymore. They were now standing somewhere in the woods next to a cliff. She tore her eyes away from the beautiful scene and narrowed unpleasantly towards Adamarius.

“If you ever do that again I will chop off your hands.”

“But then how will I hold you when you cry or caress the skin that yearns for my touch?” His lips lightly brushed her temple.