PART TWO

ROSE'S POV.

I felt so bad after the conversation I had with Alex. I got home and I saw a fancy car parked outside the house;  we barely have visitors. Who could that be?
I got to the doorstep when I heard  Mr. Kola's voice. He's here?
I was about walking in but I stood back to eavesdrop, that's bad, I know; but with all these mysteries, I needed more information.
"You destroyed me Kola" I heard sister Tayo say.

"I did? Your life was destroyed before I met you and you and I are aware of that" He replied.

"Fine, I was helpless, stupid, foolish, and naive. I allowed you to fool me." She added. I could sense that she was crying.

"Did I force you to kill them? Did I? I only gave you a piece of advice and you obliged, so how am I at fault? Were you even able to get the money from them? Were you? You failed! You lost on both sides. You lost your sister and the money, including me because heaven knows I now have nothing to do with you. You lost on all sides Tayo!" He yelled and continued.

"When I consulted their lawyer, he told me the money that is supposed to be... What's that dumb girl's name again? Yeah! Rose! The money that's supposed to be her inheritance is not even up to a million naira. Now tell me; where are the five million dollars? You see Tayo, despite the fact that you killed them; these guys are still smarter than you are. I came here to let you know that..." He paused and continued. "I now have full possession of my children, and you know what that means right? You barely have a right over them." He laughed.

"You son of a bitc..." I heard a loud break of glass. I think Mr. Kola has done something bad to her or maybe it's the other way round. I heard footsteps and I ran outside the building.  I was confused.
I was in the middle of the street, I kept running and running; finally, I stopped to take a breath. Going back home will be a good idea neither will going to Alex's will.

I thought of going to Martha's place, but because we've not been on good terms lately
I wasn't sure if I should go to her place. Then, David, he stopped coming to school, I'll just pretend like I came to check upon them.

I walked into their compound and straight to Martha's apartment. I knocked twice before a shirtless man opened the door, not like a man though but he looks young and he should be in his early twenties. He was only in trousers.
"Wow! Hi!" He smiled so widely that I could see a dimple.

"Good evening Sir, I am Martha's friend and I came to checkup upon her," I said.

"Oh, come in." I walked in.

"Is she home? I asked.

" No, but she should be home any moment from now she went to the nearby market," He said.

"Oh, OK then. I should take my leave now, could you please tell her that I came around?" I stood up.

"So soon, won't you wait for her? I called her a few minutes before you walked in and she told me she's just a few blocks away. You know what? Why don't you make yourself comfortable? Drop your bag, watch TV and I'll go ahead to get you a drink." He handed me the remote and walked in to get me something. "What a kind young man," I said to my self.
I didn't even realize I was carrying my backpack until he said it. Yeesh, what a day!

"Here you go!" He smiled and handed me a drink and walked back in.
"Thank you" I smiled. Staring at the pictures on the wall I saw a calendar that was hung, I then looked further and I saw that today's date is 5th October! Wow! I said aloud. Today is my birthday?
Never have I ever forgotten my birthday, but this year, I did. Now I was sixteen.
"I guess I deserve this juice after all," I said to my self and took a long gulp of the drink.
The TV was getting boring, why is Martha taking so long? I think I have to start going. I yawned, let me wait till five minutes. If she doesn't come I'll leave.
I took another gulp of the drink, I began to feel sleepy and I slept off.

SISTER TAYO'S POV.
Omg!
"Kola? Kola? He is not answering!
Oh my Goodness, is he dead? I moved closer to him and I realized that he had stopped breathing.
I should have controlled myself, I got frustrated and I hit him with a flower vase and now he's dead. I just killed the father of my children, I just killed Kola.
I was confused, I dragged him into the storeroom and I mopped the blood on the floor.

12:30 PM
Why is Rose not home yet? Or is she aware of what happened?

I was thankful that Rose didn't come home today, I couldn't help but be afraid about her not being home. I should have called the school authorities, but I was so confused that I decided to try and clean up this mess. 

I went into the store, where Kola's body was; I picked up my car keys, dragged him into the booth, and drove off.
I didn't know where I was going and I knew I might get arrested but that's not the issue, I can bribe my way through with the police.
Luckily I didn't find any police to stop me. I got to the bush where I intended to throw his body when I heard a voice behind.
"Stop right there! What are you trying to do?" An old man said,  pointing a torchlight at me. He took his phone and called more people, and in no time I was surrounded by five men.
"Sirs, we can settle this amicably, right? Any amount please." I pleaded.

"Call the police!' One of the men said.

" But she said she's will pay, why don't you let us collect the money and leave. Instead of putting our fellow human in trouble " The youngest of them all said.
"True though," another man said.

"OK, OK, how much is she willing to pay?"

"One million naira," I said as I shivered.

"Hmmn, OK OK, give us the money," The old man said.

"I can only make a transfer sir," I said.

"OK, OK." He told me his account number and I made the transfer using my phone. He immediately saw the alert.

"Have you seen it?" One of the men asked.

"Yes, I have"  The old man replied.

"Now, leave and never return back here. Okay? " The old man yelled.

"Should I leave him here?" I stammered.

"You mean the dead body? yes, you can, we will take care of it for you" The old man said and they all agreed.
I walked into my car and drove off. I was relieved, "that was quite easy," I said to my self.
I kept wondering why Rose didn't come home last night, what could be wrong? In as much as I've done her wrong by murdering her parents, I pledged on my life to be her guardian.
Getting home I sat on the couch. Images of how Kola and I were arguing kept flashing through my head, is that all? Is he dead just like that? I asked myself the fifth time. I destroyed everything, everyone, and all I had; all because of my thirst for revenge. Something in me kept telling me that I wouldn't get away with this and I knew I wouldn't.

Late🙂 I know!!!
I'm so sorry guys!!!
I've been busy😣😣
Stressed asf!
But not to worry, I'm back now to end what we started.
Will Sister Tayo get away with the murder?
What happened to Rose?
Is she dead?
Did Mr shirtless do anything stupid?
Will Alex finally believe Rose?
Where are Martha and David?
Guess what guys!!!!!?
You can predict my next chapter and win airtime!
Just send your predictions to 09030035969 via WhatsApp and by the end of the coming week, the next chapter will be out and we'll all know the winner.

Predictions start today and end on Monday!
Start predicting!!!