Chapter 60: The Heartless

-Sammy's P.O.V-

Humming a soft tune under his breath, the former devil worshipper continued to grab supplies for his journey. After spending much time weighing his options (as well as the possible consequences of his actions) the man called Sammy had decided that it was high time to leave the music department. He'd spent ninety long years down there, and Y/N could be in trouble.

"Heh... Y/N, in trouble? What an entertaining thought." The ink man mused under his breath. Even if their time spent together was short, Sammy can say with certainty that Y/N is easily one of the wittiest girls that had ever existed. If she's in a pickle, that girl will find a way to escape.

.........

-Your P.O.V.-

The room rattled in fear as that thing- that MONSTROSITY- in front of you had finished off its warning. You wanted to tell Bendy to run, you wanted to tell him that you both had to get out of here... but you couldn't. You found your mouth to be open, but no words able to flow out. Your body was shaking like a phone on vibrate, and you... you found yourself unable to move. Unable to process. The only thing that you seemed to be able to bring yourself to do was sit on the demon's shoulders as you grew more cowardly by the second.

However, you soon found yourself snapping out of it

Loud splashing echoed the area, immediately drawing your attention. Before you knew it, you were flying across the room as both you and Bendy hit the wall with a crack. Pain immediately shot into you as you could feel warm liquid begin to dribble out of your stomach once more, making you yell in surprise. The wound was open. Luckily, you were still on Bendy's shoulders, otherwise you would've been screwed. Well... More screwed than you already are..

Bendy was unable to ask if you were okay, instead, all that was able to escape his mouth was a loud "SHIT!" as he jolted off to his right, the creature slamming into where you both were moments prior. In response to its attack came loud cracking from above, which made you draw your eyes up to the crumbling stone roof, large pieces of rock falling into the ink with a splash. The sight of it all reminded you of one of those old world war two strategic bombing clips you watched in your history classes back in High School. However, in your opinion, what you are experiencing right now is much worse. This isn't some retro clip that you're watching in a room full of smelly kids. This is your real life, and instead of German or American monsters... you got a literal monster, something straight out of a horror or sci-fi movie monster.

"Y/N, I need you to hold on to my horns tighter." Bendy cut into your trance without a stumble, making you draw your peepers onto the top of his head in surprise.

"Wha-!? But what abou-"

"Don't worry..." He said in all but a soft whisper, "I'll protect you." You weren't even able to voice your confusion, for before you knew it, Bendy's body had started dripping and gurgling. Something was happening to his form, and you weren't sure what it was, but it terrified you.

Deciding to listen to his prior words in a moment of desperation, you immediately wrapped your hands tighter around his horns and hanged on for dear life as he started to grow in size. He morphed and twisted, like some freakish science experiment mutation, and by the time he was done, you found your hands to be wrapped around a very different but familiar set of horns. You were now on not the shoulders of a demon, but the shoulders of a beast. The very same beast that had saved you all that time ago back in the music department.