Against the Rules (Race x Albert)

TW: homophobic slurs and death (i'll put a warning before it)   

(also can you guys tell i really love ralbert-)

     Race liked Albert. Albert liked Race. But in 1899, men liking men wasn't exactly allowed. But did that stop the boys from dating? Hell no it didn't.

    The two were hanging out in central park in the middle of the night. Not doing anything to make anybody think they were gay and dating. Then, Race made a stupid desicion that made every single one of his other stupid decisions seem like absolutely nothing.

He kissed Albert. In public.

     Now, neither of them thought there would be any people at the park, so Albert went with it and kissed him back. But boy oh boy, were they wrong.

     They pulled away smiling at each other. Albert ran his fingers through Race's blonde hair as they gazed into each other's eyes.

(TW!!)

Bang

     Race fell to the ground. His chest was covered in blood. Albert knelt down next to his wounded boyfriend. "Hey, Racer! Nonononono, stay with me Race! You'll be ok, love. You's gonna be fine. HELP! SOMEONE! PLEASE, HELP!" Albert screamed. He couldn't lose Race. Not if he could help it. "HELP!" He yelled again. "A-Al... Hey. Look at me." Race whispered. Race pulled him down for one more kiss. "I love ya, Al. Don' ever forget that." He smiled, holding Albert's hand. "I love ya too, Race"

     And just like that, Race stopped breathing. "No... NO! RACE! RACER! ANTONIO HIGGINS! DON'T YOU DIE ON ME NOW!" Albert yelled, shaking Race's lifeless body. He tried yelling for help again.

Bang

     Albert let out a cry of pain as he fell next to his dead lover. Just as he was about to close his eyes, he heard someone mutter:

"Faggots."

    Snyder. He knew that voice anywhere. He heard a very faint voice yell his name. Sounded a lot like Romeo. Too weak to do anything more, he took his final breath and closed his eyes.

I'm coming, Race.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

The next day wasn't a good day for the rest of the boys.

The headine read:

Two Newsboys Found Dead in Central Park

     Romeo was traumatized by what he saw the night before. He heard Albert's screaming from the lodging house. He took Jack, Crutchie, Finch, Henry, Elmer, and Jojo with him to find Albert.

     No one was really the same after. Everyone was so used to hearing Race and Albert screeching at the top of their lungs in order to wake everyone up in the morning. Race wasn't there to annoy Jojo while he dressed up. Albert wasn't there to make fun of Henry. All the boys may have acted like the two were the worst humans to ever walk the face of the earth, but they all secretly loved them.

     Now they were gone, and weren't coming back anytime soon. But nobody really planned on forgetting them. Ever.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

sorry bout that
hope i didn't hurt you too much :)

~cady heron 💕