Chapter 13: Getting Help

Din was trapped inside the cavern. He scanned the cavern, searching for a way to escape. There had to be a way out of here, he thought to himself. He saw small cracks in the rock wall that Rasanna had created. He glanced down at his belt, finding a few detonators left. Without thinking twice, he placed the detonators on the wall of rocks. Once the detonators were latched onto the wall, Din moved away from the wall. As soon as he was far away from the rocks, he activated the detonators, destroying the wall of rocks. In a heartbeat, the wall rock collapsed, freeing himself. Without thinking twice, he rushed out of the cave and towards the Razor Crest. As soon as he reached the cockpit, a hologram appeared, revealing Gideon. His gaze turned towards the hologram at once.

"Greetings Djarin, if you're watching this then you've found a way out of that cavern. Listen to me carefully. If you want her alive, bring the child to me. I will await your arrival on Nar Shaddaa. I'll send you the exact coordinates. And don't you try to pull a stunt like on Nevarro, because I shall kill her."

The hologram of Gideon then vanished. His heart clenched at the thought of Gideon with Rasanna. He had to rescue her, but Gideon was persistent. Gideon wouldn't stop until the child was in his hands. Din stared at the navigation computer, wondering what to do. He was certain about one thing, Din knew he wouldn't be able to go alone. Who knows what Gideon was up to. He needed to bring people along with him, people he trusted. And he knew just where to go.

•••

Din decided to head to Nevarro first. He didn't think he'd be back this soon. But Din needed help, and he hoped that Cara would help him again. The child cooing in the seat behind him, snapped him back to reality and out of his thoughts. Once he approached the child, Din noticed that the child was looking around as though he was searching for someone. He then opened his mouth. "Mama?"

Din was baffled to hear the child speak. He had never heard him utter a single word, until now. It took him a few moments to realize that the child was calling for Rasanna. Din's heart clenched. At that moment, the child began to cry, causing Din to take action. He picked the child up, laying him down on his shoulder.

"We're going to get mama back." Din assured him.

This seemed to calm the child down as he stopped crying. Din let out a relieved sigh. He then gently patted the back of the child, something that Din had seen Rasanna do. In a matter of seconds, the child had fallen asleep. Slowly, Din lowered the child into his bed, which was inside a small compartment, right beside where the weapons are stored.

"I'll be back soon, womp rat." Din whispered before closing the door of the compartment.

Din gave the compartment one last look before leaving the Razor Crest. The town no longer had any stormtroopers, filled with bounty hunters. For the most part, it looked the same as before Din met the child. As Din walked into town, he could feel the stares of some of the bounty hunters. But he had grown use to the stares. Not that it mattered anyways, Din's mind was preoccupied with Rasanna. Din hoped he wouldn't be too late.

He mentally shook his head, trying not to let those thoughts get to him. He knows that Rasanna is strong. As soon as Din reached the cantina, he spotted Greef Karga sitting at one of the booths with a glass filled with Namana liquor, a pale yellow liquid. And across from him sat Cara Dune, who was talking to Karga. The cantina was nearly empty, containing only a handful of people. As soon as Din approached their booth, a grin broke out on Karga's face. "Ah Mando! Welcome back!"

He hastily took out a small bag, dumping out its contents, revealing bounty pucks. Karga then pushed the bounty pucks towards Din. "Just like I said before you left, Mando, you will have the pick of all quarries."