Chapter 14: The Showdown on Nar Shaddaa

A/N: Sorry it took me forever to update. I was thinking of discontinuing this story, but thanks to @RiaMelissaBryant, I have decided to continue with this story! So shout out to her! Hope you enjoy this chapter!

Alyla, Cara, and Din moved their conversation inside Rasanna's old home. Din glanced around at the home, finding that everything nearly looked the same as when Rasanna lived here. A pang of pain hit Din's chest. He still couldn't believe Rasanna was in trouble. As Cara, Alyla, and Din sat on the logs, the child made his way over to the pile of blankets made of fur from banthas and grovs. Alyla had a heavy heart ever since Din gave her the news. She knew Rasanna was a fighter, but the fact that the Soulsaber was involved made Alyla more anxious. 

"Now what could Moff Gideon want with the Soulsaber." Alyla commented.

"It can't be anything good." Din stated.

Cara raised an eyebrow. "What does the Soulsaber do?"

"Rasanna mentioned that it was an abomination the the light side of the Force. The Soulsaber could destroy life and brainwash all those who are Force-sensitive to the dark side." Alyla explained.

"Which means?" Din asked.

"Rasanna could be brainwashed to serve Gideon." Alyla clarified.

Upon hearing Alyla's words, Din remembered Rasanna's words. "Din, I want you to promise me something. Promise me that if something bad should happen to me that you'll leave me behind. Do not return for me."

Realization hit Din at once. Rasanna knew this would happen...Could Rasanna see into the future? Was it possible? With this in mind, Din spoke up. "Did Rasanna ever have visions?"

Alyla hesitated. "Maybe once or twice, she didn't have visions very often. Why?"

"Because I think Rasanna saw this coming... " Din trailed off.

Alyla wore a grim look. This wasn't good. Whenever Rasanna had a vision, it meant something terrible was about to occur.

"Then we must move quickly. No Force-sensitive can resist the power of the Soulsaber, not even those who are the strongest among all Jedi."

•••

After Alyla informed Aodhan to take charge while she was gone, Din, Cara, Alyla, and the child boarded the Razor Crest. Din punched in the coordinates that Gideon gave him before jumping into hyperspace. As they flew through hyperspace, Alyla walked into the cockpit. Cara sat in the seat behind him, polishing her blaster rifle. Alyla plopped down beside Cara with the child in her lap. Alyla was no Jedi, but she could sense that Din was very anxious. The Echani had been able to distinguish one's emotions through body language.

The Echani could have a conversation with each other without talking, they could express and reveal themselves through fighting, which became useful when fighting other species. Alyla wanted to reach out and tell him that everything would be all right, but would it? Alyla wasn't even sure if everything was going to be fine.

Once they arrived on Nar Shadaa, Din landed inside the spaceport. As soon as they left the spaceport, they were greeted by smog and pollution. The place was crowded filled with different species such as Twi'leks, Trandoshans, humans, and many others roaming around the narrow streets. Vendors with their tapestries hung over their products and beggars alike stood in the streets. The smell of spice and greasy food could be detected the second one stepped out of the spaceport.

"Where are we going?" Alyla questioned.

"Gideon's in Wormstew Town." Din mentioned.

It wasn't long until they reached Wormstew Town, a town filled with skyslums that were illuminated by neon lights and holodisplays. Throughout the streets, gangs of droids roamed and wandered about. Alyla hugged the child closer towards her, while Din kept a hand on his holster, prepared to use his blaster if necessary.