two - wanted

warning: mild language :]

-

"OPEN UP!"

You ran to the door, opening it before it could get kicked down. Two of Corona's guards stood in front of you. They looked surprised to see such a young girl staring up at them.

"Uh," the skinniest one started, "we sort of... well, someone told us-"

"Did you give this boy a truth serum?" A third guard pushed her way to the front. She was a lot younger than the other guards, and was most notably a woman. Her short hair stuck out of her helmet, framing her stern expression.

In her hand, she held a 'wanted' sign. The person drawn on it was familiar to you, but you couldn't think of why.

"Who is that?" You asked without thinking.

The guard scoffed. "This," she said, pointing to the sign, "is Varian. He's very dangerous. Recently, he came to Corona and gave nearly everyone a truth serum so he could distract us, manipulate the princess and steal a magical flower. Do you recognize him?"

"No."

"Come on, kid. We managed to get our hands on the serum and this was on the bottle."

She handed you a tiny piece of parchment. On it was scribbled directions to your cabin. You recognized the handwriting right away. It was your mother's— she used to sell potions like you hoped you could one day.

You looked up at her. "This is mine, yeah. But I still don't know the boy."

She shoved the wanted sign closer to your face.

...

"Varian!" You yelled, eyes widening. "How could I forget?"

The guard looked back at the other two, smirking. "Told you!"

"I met him out in the forest one morning," you said. "He was quite rude to me, but he helped me find my cabin... I don't remember giving him the serum, but I know it was gone the next day."

She nodded. "And you're sure that's all you can remember?"

"That's everything. But if I remember anything else, I'll send a crow."

"A crow?" "Yeah, you know, I'll tie a letter to its foot?"

She stared at you, puzzled. "Okay then. Thank you for your time," she said as the other guards walked down the steps. "Not that it matters, but, I'm Cassandra. You seem kinda cooped up here, so if you decide to deliver that note by hand, you know who to look for."

"That's really nice of you, Cassandra. I'm y/n. I'm sorry if I couldn't help you as much as you wanted me to."

She shook her head. "It's okay, we'll get the kid before he causes anymore damage."

And with that, she was gone. You closed the door slowly, trying to remember how Varian got his hands on your serum. You thought hard until you brain hurt and finally,

"That asshole drugged me!"

Loki let out a loud meow from the counter, almost like he was gasping. "Right? That's the last time I let a stranger into my cabin. He could've done a lot worse than put me to sleep."

You sighed as you slid your back down the door, uncomfortably sitting down.

"If the guards don't arrest him, I'll find that boy myself!"

-
WC: 528

I have,,,, NO,,,, plot...

I'll fix it though it's my life's purpose.

until we meet again !! yeehaw